Coming Along Nicely

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll probably run manifolds an I'm going to modify my harness probably since I can't use the Trans that comes with the engine (it's 2wd) an I want to keep my push button 4wd for now.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll probably run manifolds an I'm going to modify my harness probably since I can't use the Trans that comes with the engine (it's 2wd) an I want to keep my push button 4wd for now.

Probably worth it to separate the trans harnesses and swap them, the 454 uses a different injector harness and has some sensors in different locations than the 350, so the plugs for them may or may not reach where they are supposed to

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Nice to see another person running a 454 :) I love mine after swapping.

No replacement for displacement! I saw a funny quote awhile back -

"A 4 cylinder that can push 10,000RPM, is fine tuned, perfectly balanced, and has hours of research and tweaking to make it run perfect is like a Damascan sword fighter, precise and impressive to witness...A big block is Indiana Jones with a .45"

It was much better worded, but If you know the Indiana Jones movies it's hilarious.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ultimately I'd like an nv4500 behind it which would probably mean a manual shift t-case to so I don't wanna go through all that wiring just to ditch it later.

I'm still unsure of what I really want to do at this point. If I could find a full pullout like yours that would be sweet. This engine I'm thinking about getting in from a van....

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Sorry, no pics as of right now, and she's at the driveshaft shop getting a custom one made, then off to the exhaust shop. Installed the whole front clip (minus grille and lights, waiting on a new A/C condenser), finished buttoning up the brackets and accessories, hooked up the fuel lines, and figured out that the 1-piece aluminum driveshaft from the 'Burban won't work (won't clear the built-in body braces in the trans tunnel, especially on a lowered truck), all on the day I started this thread. Next day bought a new master cylinder (prev owner of the Suburban I got it from had put the wrong one on for Hydroboost), bled the brakes-SOLID BLACK FLUID! Needless to say we spent a good amount of time bleeding until it was all out. Then got her loaded up and over to get the shaft worked :naughty: