CodyB's '96 Silverado Chat Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Didn't win the original auction, but did a buy-it-now on them.

Grille insert should be here Monday, waiting on the shipping info for the tails. I got offered to get some bag stuff off of a guy here in town, most of his rear end bag parts, if I remember correctly 2 link setup with a pan hard bar, brackets and a weld together notch kit. Maybe bags too.

I think I may pass on that stuff, wait and get what I want. (For the curious I want to do a triangulated four link with a watts link, my own notch with something custom, and I might try to do an EDC, if not a pair of Air Zeniths [still researching on them] or maybe a pair of 480's. All of that is subject to change.)

(Edit: I might go with an all in one package like AccuAir with some extra air reserve or a nitrogen tank. Still far from any serious plans.)

Last edited:

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
That's what I've been hearing/reading. It was at one time practical due to its ease, but caused more problems than it was worth. If I were to "compromise" I'd go with a parallel four link, but I want to try a triangulated four link or three link. From experience with off-road four links and watching their capability in the flex department I'd try to go that route. Plus I could get creative with the link bars for fun.

So on a 4" front end drop, I'd need to cut the factory control arms "rain gutters" to make them work with factory 15" wheels or am I wrong on that.

Last edited:

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
You are correct on the rain gutters on the stock LCA's. You have to cut them when running the stock 15" wheels. It's because of the 2" drop spindles that bring the wheel lip closer to the control arms. So when you turn the wheels hit the LCA's.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Just a quick double check. Didn't you go with ART tubular arms or was it a different set?

Before long I'll have to get them to move this into the lowered and bagged section.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck is looking great man! The front end looks alot better with the clear heads and parking lights!! :handshake:

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just a quick double check. Didn't you go with ART tubular arms or was it a different set?

Before long I'll have to get them to move this into the lowered and bagged section.

Yes Sierra and I both have the ART tubular's, but I have run many set's of stock's with the gutter's trimmed.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Thanks! I really appreciate the feedback and comments from everyone I'm getting. I feel like the truck has already come a long way, but its still far off from where I want it to be. The feedback helps get me motivated and moving on a lot of the little stuff that needs to happen. I'll probably start working on little interior stuff that needs to get repaired or upgraded as money permits. I'm keeping big things in the budget like wheels and tires, but I also want to get the little stuff fixed up soon.

Little update, Grille insert gets here Monday, and Tail lights get here Tuesday. I'm off Thursday, so if weather holds up, its vehicle cleaning day.

Last edited: