Clear Tail Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmc1997ck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
APC carried them and promptly discontinued. Disclaimer on box said they could not be utilized on road-driven vehicles. Pretty much unapproved in all 50 by DOT. I had clears on my stepside and I loved the look, but when I had the lights on they looked like a magenta or rich pink color. If DOT relaxed and they re-released them with quality LED bulb sets, I'd give it another go...

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
APC carried them and promptly discontinued. Disclaimer on box said they could not be utilized on road-driven vehicles. Pretty much unapproved in all 50 by DOT. I had clears on my stepside and I loved the look, but when I had the lights on they looked like a magenta or rich pink color. If DOT relaxed and they re-released them with quality LED bulb sets, I'd give it another go...

Welcome to 2015 man from the past! :gr_grin:

Richard

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score

Apc/depo made them, they stopped production because of lack of reflectors making them illegal, they started making the 50/50s as a recall replacement with reflectors which are legal but not as a esthetically pleasing so I'm assuming that's why those came to an end, when apc went out of business all rights to their products were sold to a member on here, he got screwed over last time he tried making them and nobody bought them leaving him stuck on them so he sold them at a low cost to somewhere and now he refuses to make them again

Mercy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally found a set yesterday. And it came in the original box still has plastic on the lens.
Now that I finally found them I'm afraid of scratching them. Don't know if I should keep them.
You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Nice find! If my current truck wasn't black I'd try to buy them from you. I used to run clears on this truck but in the long run I think they look best on a white truck, and pretty much nothing else. For whatever reason I still think clear corners are the way to go on ANY color truck, but clear tails only on white.

Man, can't believe I don't have a single really good pic of my old white '92 from the rear, other than these:

vs. black on this OLD pic of my '94. Really can't believe I used to roll such rubber band tires on those Centerlines.

Richard

Mercy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks
when I first seen them I couldn't believe it especially For the price I paid it was a steal.
I agree they do look good on a white trucks. But I want to see what they look like On a emerald green truck. Am going to try to throw them on tomorrow just to see what they look like.
I really like the black truck especially those Centerlines. I know what I'm going to buy next. :)

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Heres mine, I think they look alright with blue/silver.

Surprisingly they remained intact after this...

Got myself a pretty nice scratchy poo..