Chopped my muffler off!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I've been looking to get some roar out of my 97 and was wondering what you guys think? On my 95 I had a glass pack coming off the Y that split from the manifolds then after the glasspack it split to duals coming out over the axle. Not the greatest setup performance wise but it sounded meaner than hell. With my 97 it is true duals which is different from the 95. Would it sound better to run a dual inlet dual outlet muffler like the thrush welded with turn downs right after or run a couple glasspacks with turn downs off of them? I dont want to run tips out over the axle again and want to keep it as cheap and simple as I can.

This is a vid GMStrong posted I found which is exactly how mine sits now..
check this out he also has a video of it inside the cab. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3exMsrStduU

This is the Thrush i was looking at..
You must be registered for see images attach

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thrush-Welded-Muffler-2-25-Off-In-2-25-Off-Out?item=330707808082&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7767426954845076437

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sweet thanks for your help guys. Anyone know if the thrush welded I posted will line up with the way the dual exhaust is set up stock after the cats on a 97 ecsb? Or am I gonna have to get some tubing bent to line it up wider or narrower?

GMstrong

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got 2 summit racing chambered mufflers on my vortec 350 sounds real good also have headers.I was going to get the dual in dual out cherry bomb extreme.I had the thrush welded on my lt1 caprice and to be honest its a excellent muffler sounds very good alittle bit better then the summit mufflers.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like I'll be going with the thrush but I still dont know if it is gonna line up or not.. guess I'll have to do my own fab if it comes to it!