Check my check list for my 454 injectors and such...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
Getting ready to do injectors on my 145k mile 454. I'm going with the Five O Bosch injectors. Also doing the Delphi FPR. While we're there doing the intake gasket and valve cover gaskets. I don't want to just throw money at it but don't want to miss anything that I should be doing at the same time.

Questions are...

1. I know the distributors are a problem area on these motors so should I replace the distributor gear or replace the whole thing. Seems for a little more than the gear one can buy a complete distributor. If that's the smart money, which brand from where?

2. No codes and it runs fine except for the warm start injector issue. Should I be doing an EGR valve or O2 sensor while I'm there?

3. Anything else I should be considering?

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
I'll be watching this thread to see where it goes...

I replaced the distributor in my 454 about a year ago with one from NAPA(Cardone IIRC)and soon discovered the ICM was bad.Replaced it with a Delphi one and the idle,in gear at a stop sign is nice and smooth since.Moral of the story...don't use the Cardone.Next time I'll be looking at a Pertronix.....

Also,curious about the Bosch injectors.

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
Ok I decided to go all out. I ordered the Five O Motorsports complete tune up kit. Bosch injectors with Delphi EGR, FPR and O2 sensor. Found a $30 off code online so got it all for $500. Also ordered a Delco distributor gear and complete intake gasket set. Figured better safe than sorry so we're doing the lower intake gasket as long as we're there. Hopefully the old dually will be good to go after this!!

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
Mileage seems the same but the truck runs much better. Hard start is gone and it's smoother at idle.