Changing Tires, Need Opinions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay, The tires I'm running right now are BFG Radial T/A in 275/60r15 all the way around on 15x10 mags. I'm chewing right through them. A set of 4 lasts me around 25k miles.

This is with standard rotation every 2500 miles.

Also before someone says I need an alignment, no that's not the case, the time they spend on the rear eats them away.

Also the BFG's are not hooking all too great for me anymore, i give my truck a little gas on the street and first usually is nothing but a spinfest.

I'm looking at some Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/T in 275/60r15.

I'm sure someone here had experience with them on here so some opinions and insight on these tires would be greatly appreciated. I need insight on the life of them, I don't want to replace them in 8-10k miles like I was doing when dailying DR's, another thing i'd like to know about is their street performance, are they well rounded, or not, are they easy to break loose or not, ect.

Thanks.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you're going through Radial T/As that fast, I seriously doubt you're going to do much better with anything else. If you want them to last longer then my suggestion would be to stop burning the hell out of them at every opportunity. Every tire in the world will degrade in less than 25K if you're doing daily burnouts on them.

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alignment is on point. Axle is true and square.

Sent while working on my 355 cubic inches of screaming American fury

Jason1351

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity. Do you know the offset of your rims? I've got a good deal on some 15x10's with a 4" offset. Don't know if tha'ts what I need or not.

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity. Do you know the offset of your rims? I've got a good deal on some 15x10's with a 4" offset. Don't know if tha'ts what I need or not.

I have 5" backspacing, mine wont tuck at all. you'll have substantial poke since mine already poke 1.5" in the front and about 1/2 inch in the rear.

You will need this offset or backspacing to tuck.
10"
Offset:+30mm or higher
Backspacing:6.75" or higher

Jason1351

Reaction score
Yeah, not looking to tuck. I think its stock height and it looks good with my 255/60/18's. I'm buying the 15's for winter tires. So it will have a nice wide stance then. Cool with that. Thanx.