car lot find/ question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok i went to a car lot. they had a 91 olds mobile cutlass 2door. 66,000 miles and it has a digital dash the dash is cool :imo:. it was only 1500$ is this a good price for 66,000 original miles. the white paint is flaking off so it needs a paint job. my parents are thinking about getting it. how much would it be for a paint job?

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
$3000 + for a really good quality paint job.
66,000 is nothing for a 1991. Figure 12,000 miles per year times 20 years! Way under the expected mileage.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
$3000 + for a really good quality paint job.
66,000 is nothing for a 1991. Figure 12,000 miles per year times 20 years! Way under the expected mileage.

we know the car lot owner. he let his son drive it to Florida and back for vacation. a old lady owned it and traded it in on a new car. then the car lot owner bought it from the dealership. sorry if that is confusing

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Unfortunately loan value isn't going to be very high, so if someone hits you, they will more than likely total it out, so be careful out there. My 93 skylark got fender damage from a sideswipe and they totaled it out with a $1400 check, and that was in 2007, and after they calculated in the cost of the new michelins. So you kinda get an idea of loan value, which is the value they'll pay if it's totaled. It sucks because those cars last forever....much longer than some of the newer ones.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unfortunately loan value isn't going to be very high, so if someone hits you, they will more than likely total it out, so be careful out there. My 93 skylark got fender damage from a sideswipe and they totaled it out with a $1400 check, and that was in 2007, and after they calculated in the cost of the new michelins. So you kinda get an idea of loan value, which is the value they'll pay if it's totaled. It sucks because those cars last forever....much longer than some of the newer ones.

that sucks about ur skylark. but 3.1 will take a beating. before we sold our lumina (it had 289,000 miles on it and the trans was going out.) we red lined it for like 5 minutes and it did not blow up or even smoke

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
that sucks about ur skylark. but 3.1 will take a beating. before we sold our lumina (it had 289,000 miles on it and the trans was going out.) we red lined it for like 5 minutes and it did not blow up or even smoke

You're right, the 3.1 and 3.3's both were bullet proof engines. The last time I went out of state in that skylark, was a short trip from Jackson, MS to the DFW area. Averaged I'd say around 110 the whole way, lil more lil less depending on traffic. Never saw a single patrol car the entire trip which kindof freaked me out a little lol. The 3.3's didn't have OD either, and no tach on the sedans, so I'm not sure of the RPM's, but they were probably pretty high. Very stout engines, along with the earlier 3.1's.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You're right, the 3.1 and 3.3's both were bullet proof engines. The last time I went out of state in that skylark, was a short trip from Jackson, MS to the DFW area. Averaged I'd say around 110 the whole way, lil more lil less depending on traffic. Never saw a single patrol car the entire trip which kindof freaked me out a little lol. The 3.3's didn't have OD either, and no tach on the sedans, so I'm not sure of the RPM's, but they were probably pretty high. Very stout engines, along with the earlier 3.1's.
our cutlass has the ub3 digital dash. it is the sportier cluster than the regular cluster. and it has a tach

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, my buddy got 2 cars just alike for his 2 sons that were a couple years apart from each other, and i think both cars were like 93-95 years or something, they were the GTS(i may be wrong), it was some special edition sporty classed 2dr. But they either had the 3.1 or 3.3, it's been probably 3+yrs since I saw them, but I remember they were definitely the models that when new only a few were available to purchase. It's pretty much like the fwd version of the Grand National, but i cant remember what it was called.