CamaroGuys parts hauler build. 1997 Chevy Cheyenne ECSB 4X4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CamaroGuy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Truck is looking good in a hurry! My 91 k1500 needed rear springs so bad that ever time I filled the gas tank the whole truck tilted to the left! Lol

Damn lol, How hard of a job was it to do? Where did you get the new springs? Thanks for the comments. I am pretty proud of my truck!

CamaroGuy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Small update. Last week I picked up a set of nice rust free fenders, inner fenders and fender flares off craigslist. Need to swap out my crusty rusty ones at some point but atleast I have a nice set for the truck. Last night I did the 4-Hi mod. I havnt had the chance to drive the truck yet but Im sure it will be a huge improvement. Also monday im scheduled for a front end alignment.

CamaroGuy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Minutes after posting my last post I got a phone call from my buddy. He hit a deer on the parkway in his dodge ram 1500 at about 60+ mph. So I went to go give him a ride home. MAN this 4 Hi mod ROCKS!

You must be registered for see images attach

Today I was going to attempt the 4 corner mod and had an accident...

No big deal as I never really cared for the corner lights I had. I ordered a set of these tonight. They should be here sometime next week.

Once I get them in I will CAREFULLY! do the 4 corner mod. I could use some insight though. I want to put cab lights on the truck. However Im not sure if i want to get amber and smoke them myself with black paint / clear coat mix or smoked style. The smoked just seem so dark to me. Input?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Minutes after posting my last post I got a phone call from my buddy. He hit a deer on the parkway in his dodge ram 1500 at about 60+ mph. So I went to go give him a ride home. MAN this 4 Hi mod ROCKS!

Today I was going to attempt the 4 corner mod and had an accident...

No big deal as I never really cared for the corner lights I had. I ordered a set of these tonight. They should be here sometime next week.

Once I get them in I will CAREFULLY! do the 4 corner mod. I could use some insight though. I want to put cab lights on the truck. However Im not sure if i want to get amber and smoke them myself with black paint / clear coat mix or smoked style. The smoked just seem so dark to me. Input?
I'd go ahead and get smoked style they will always look better.

CamaroGuy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So today I took the truck to get the front end aligned. While the truck was at the shop my new corner lights came in.

I like how they look compared to the flat black ones I had.

First thing I did was do the 4 Hi mod to the lights. Its raining tonight so I couldnt install them on the truck. But I figured I would at least do this part of the mod tonight.

Drilled a 3/4" hole and epoxied the bulb holder to the back. Worked out great!

Ill post up pictures once they are installed.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Looks pretty good man. How hard was it getting the holder taken out from the donor signal?

CamaroGuy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks pretty good man. How hard was it getting the holder taken out from the donor signal?

Thanks man. It was a pain in the butt at first. Im sure there are better ways... But i drilled a hole and took some snips or side cutters and cut the plastic out around the bulb holders leaving about a 1/4 inch around the circle. The plastic would crack and break around the holder but I didnt have alot of issue with it tearing up the bulb holder. I have heard of people using sharp knives to cut around the edge of the circle. This is just how I did it.

CamaroGuy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used a 3/4" hole saw for the opening for the bulb.

CamaroGuy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pictures from tonight.