cab mount rotted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i found this today,,,

You must be registered for see images attach

does anyone know where i can buy a replace cab/body mount... amd will it work off of any model,,(rcsb, rclb, ecsb, eclb, ccsb, cclb)...

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
well that's a bummer

Sent from my static android

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea,, if i cant find a replacement for it i am just gonna tear it down and weld it all back together,,,, but id really like to find another to stick on because it has some rot where it goes up to the bed mount

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
you need that mount from another short box, the long box frame bends behind the cab where the short box frame the bend is under the cab so the mount is different.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
awesome thanks for the info!

whats bad tho is i have a long box parts truck,, lol

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
awesome thanks for the info!

whats bad tho is i have a long box parts truck,, lol

well you could cut off that part of the mount and weld it on to the old i guess, just need to plate and gusset it, just would not be as simple as using a whole mount from a short box

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
How are your fabrication skills? A lot of people do different things but I would try to make it as factory as possible.

What I would do is find a truck in the junk yard with a bad frame and cut that section of frame. Take it home and carefully with a die grinder cut out the weld on the replacement and the current frame. Then weld the new one in.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How are your fabrication skills? A lot of people do different things but I would try to make it as factory as possible.

What I would do is find a truck in the junk yard with a bad frame and cut that section of frame. Take it home and carefully with a die grinder cut out the weld on the replacement and the current frame. Then weld the new one in.

That's what i figured i was gonna end up doing..

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Take some pics in the middle of the process. I'm interested in how it turns out.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
will do,, i will update everything on my build thread