cab corner replacement and frame cleanup on my 88k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah your work looks good and you seem to get stuff done quickly. Unforunately between the 50hrs a week for work and the girlfriend time for the truck is scarce. I wish I had someone nearby to help me with my cab corners for beer and pizza :evillol::evillol: I think i'm gonna end up investing in a welder come tax season and learn how to weld so I can do the cab corners without paying an arm and a leg

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
bed's painted, gotta wait on it to dry up and second coat it, since I used a brush and it has brush strokes showing.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok sorry I didn't get any finished pics, but I got some after the first coat.

You must be registered for see images attach

It said I had to wait 24hrs. to recoat. So I snapped those, adjusted my valves, and hooked up my new vacuum modulator line. Then I couldn't wait since it had been sitting in the sun baking all day I went ahead and recoated it, covered all my brush marks, and did the bedsides under section that you can see are gold. Then we sit the bed back down. Ready to throw it back on the truck this weekend I guess.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Swims do you have a job? I only ask because I'm jealous that you were pretty much able to pull the bed off your turck paint the frame, fix the cab corners, paint the underside of the bed and have it back on the truck within a week or two and I've had to the bed off my truck since july and I'm still not ready to put it back on :evillol::evillol:

Granted I had to replace all of my brake lines, axle seals and leaf springs but still you must have some free time to get **** done so quickly.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
eh not really right now so, I had time to work on it. I've been putting it off all year, and now it's crunch time and I had to be dedicated, every single free minute towards it. All in all the cab corners doing the body work took the longest. About 4 hours or so on each bodno and sand, fill imperfections and such, and cut to fit and trim. All that crap, welding them in took about an hour or so. Frame was only couple hours if that. bed was less then 30 minutes to paint, but couple hours to clean and sand.

Last edited:

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well you did a good job. I know exactly what you mean by it being crunch time. It's getting colder here and before you know it the snow will be flying. I need to get the bed prepped and painted so it can go back on the truck. Doesn't look like I'll be able to get my cab corners done before winter unless I can find someone to do them on the cheap. Then I can turn my attention to the leaking trans pan and busted up cv shaft. Then I'm gonna slap on some new meats and get her inspected. I also gotta find somewhere to store my car this year as I don't think I'll be able to store it in the same place I did last year :(

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea I got the bed sittin' back on it this morning and got it all bolted down this evening. Gotta do the bumper tomorrow when I get a chance, got some running to do tomorrow.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All done now, got it washed and waxed last night, gotta vacuum the inside and armorall everything. Then gotta clean my tires, paint the rim inserts, work on polishing them up.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Chevrolet Fanatic

GM Leg Humper
Reaction score
That looks great man, that is some good work.

I just got done painting the rear of my frame recently too.

Used this as a base coat:

Then this as my top coat:

You must be registered for see images

Have to keep it protected from all the salt here in the winter.

Nice man everything is lookin good.

As much as you get ragged on FSC, you actually do some quality work.

That's cause the majority of FSC members are *****. :imo: