cab corner replacement and frame cleanup on my 88k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice man everything is lookin good.

As much as you get ragged on FSC, you actually do some quality work.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
got em painted, makes the rest of the truck look bad.

You must be registered for see images attach

anyone want to guess what kind of paint it is I used?

base/clear?

spray gun?

spray can?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice man everything is lookin good.

As much as you get ragged on FSC, you actually do some quality work.

Yea they think I'm stupid or something, maybe because I'm young or new, but I've been doing this junk since I was 13 and I do ALL my own work. Rebuild engines, shift kits, body work, rear ends, just about anything that needs done. It's also why none of these pics have made it to fsc.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
some better pics from today after it rained...

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well glad you like it over here better enough to put most of your work up here.
And you do a good job, thought about painting your whole truck yourself? Maybe get rid of that fade job?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nah wife and everybody loves the fade job, gotta keep it. Do it myself? done plenty right in the front yard where mine sits, the 85 mcss I had which you can see reflecting in the truck, did that myself at our old place, did dad's 84 c10, done his 92 s10, his 86 k10, my 86 camaro.

Would love to redo mine just don't have the cash for all the paint. I got grumpy neighbors too who call in, they did me that way on dad's truck and it was enclosed in an instant carport with walls and ends.

My truck is chipped and scratched everywhere and would love to do it myself, the hood is jacked up, and the visor is krylon so it'll soon match my scoop and be flat, but I hope to make my own cowl hood sometime and paint the whole hood then. I have to do the front fender for sure. If I did it all I'd use the same red pearl I just put on it for the flake and maybe do a black pearl or metallic, fade it, clear it, or maybe just mix some flake into the clear or pearl in it, clear the guts out of it, cut anf buff it to a mirror shine.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well I worked on her some more today. I found out alot of things too, I had a trans leak and a pinion leak.

First up went to do the pinion seal thinking it was leaking, well I decided to take the pinion nut off with a torque wrench instead of impact and compressor, the thing was only like hand tight. I removed it with a 1/2 ratchet with no effort at all. I changed the pinion seal anyways while I was in there.

second, the trans leak kept coming from around the accumulator cover(th350) I never got around to pop it off and change the o-ring in case it was bad(had the trans built and was brand new, only been in there a little over a year, point I shouldn't have to touch it.) well i put some rtv all around it a long time ago, back in spring or so, never helped. So I went to change it, but before I could I found out why it was leaking...

look in the lower left of the round cover, do you see it?

sorry for blurry pics, but yea the case is broke. There's a 3/4 inch long piece about 1/4 wide missing from the lower section the part where the acc. cover seals to and the snap ring holds it. No wonder it leaks, it's not bad, I've never put any fluid in it for months, but it's a leak and it ****** me off. Now I know why. So I put some seal all glue all over it, if that don't help guess I might try to jb weld it. So for now I'll keep driving it once back together and keep check on the fluid, until I can afford another th350 rebuild or until I can do it myself, take the old one I got outside apart and practice then save up the cash and build me one. I'll have to tear mine down to build it to get the spacer and special length shaft out of it to work in the trans I get or build. So I just hope it holds out. I was going to remove ths acc. spring to maybe keep it from holding the cover out, but I'm afraid to remove the snap ring that holds the cover on, afraid me messing with it will break more off. You can see in the pics that 3/4 inch over the missing piece is cracked too. There's a 3/4 inch crack over the 3/4 piece that's missing LOL. I have to say though I'll never go to our old trans guy again, knew the guy for years, helped him alot, done stuff for him and get screwed I know he seen it. I guess he thought, oh it'll be ok.

But onto good news...

I got the bumper brackets off and painted and did the backside of the bumper with undercoat. I had other cleaning to do after these pics, removed the harness and cleaned it, then I got the undercoat overspray off the bumper...

You can see where the upper bolts that had the u-nut or clips on there broke and I had to cut them off and use nuts and bolts instead of bolt and clip.

Last edited:

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

bed's ready for paint on the bottom and the wheel wells are undercoated already in those pics, it's still wet actually. Should have the bottom done by this weekend or one day this weekend hopefully, and more pics then.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice work man...the corners turned out fantastic. Dont listen to people like that, who gives a **** how young you are, you do nice work. Too bad youre so far away.....I need body work done... :D Will provide beer and pizza!!