cab corner replacement and frame cleanup on my 88k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I figured I'd make a new thread instead of the ugg bed thread for the rest of these lol. I'll be updating as I get more pics and progress done to the cab corners and frame.

You must be registered for see images attach

I gotta weld the corner on didn't get to today kept raining off and on. Maybe tomorrow and get the other one done.

bizzo15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking good, definitely clean up the frame and get some paint on there. Anyway you can get me those driver's side frame rail pics?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not a problem man that's why I took several straight on pics mine have a bend in them too both sides.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it could be better that's for sure. However I could spend more time on it and make it look better LOL. it would be fine now with some weld and filler, but I think I could get it sitting flush more with a little more work.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
driver's side is done now except for welding them both in, body work and paint. I spent more time on the DS and it fits perfect.

ground the area to find good metal that wasn't rusted...

Marked out about 5/8 of an inch or more away from the rust..

took the cut off wheel to it..

cut the replacement piece to fit, and put some rivets in it to hold it on until i weld it...

Yea my inners were shot too, I didn't do anything to them though sadly. if I had the cash or was more worried about it I would have cut them completely out and did inside and out. I haven't been going for a full blown resto on this thing though just a decent daily and work truck. I had to do the outside for inspection sticker and better looks, but at least I didn't just fill em full of filler or slap some tin over em LOL.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
frame clean should be painting it tomorrow i hope.

For anyone who uses a pressure washer on the body like behind the cab, I hope they done it good because mine wasn't done so good lol....

you can see the original gold/saddle/tan showing through now. I know somebody had the bed off before and I assumed for paint, guess not with the amount of overspray unless they just half way done it. You know didn't sand it good or something.