Bypassed lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea mine came from a guy on fsc had the non a/c tensioner bracket and support bar.

Do the 90 and later alum. setups have a non a/c setup?

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
i dont see how its stupid to get rid of something i didnt need
truck runs better now and havent had a bit of problems

i took the water pump pulley off put the belt on the wedged the pulley back on and tighnd er down,,works great
hell on my f150 i used to carry a short asss belt to the drag strip on family nights that was just big enough to go around the crank and water pump

its all in your mind, i doubt it made ANY difference.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
yea mine came from a guy on fsc had the non a/c tensioner bracket and support bar.

Do the 90 and later alum. setups have a non a/c setup?

mhm. this is my truck with the aluminum brackets and NO A/C and still has a tensioner. somehow i still manage to smoke the tires at will. surprised, cause the tensioner is holding me back.

You must be registered for see images attach

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
because the bracket that holds the as and the tension completly broke off while doin 120 that why
a i dont see why its such a big deal to do with out it anyways
this is the 3rd truck ive done it too with no problems
on my 88 i did it also bout 2 yrs ago and its still got the same belt

ok, i can see running it like it is then, but you should get the replaced ASAP.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no I'm not surprised that the tensioner holds you back lol cuz it don't.

I know you had the a/c bypass pulley but I was talking about setups w/o a/c completely no bracket for it but yet holds the tensioner, my steel bracket setup is like that and it work sagreat, no a/c bypass pulley, no a/c at all.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
no I'm not surprised that the tensioner holds you back lol cuz it don't.

I know you had the a/c bypass pulley but I was talking about setups w/o a/c completely no bracket for it but yet holds the tensioner, my steel bracket setup is like that and it work sagreat, no a/c bypass pulley, no a/c at all.

i dont think there is a setup like that, ive only ever seen one like this, these brackets are off my 4.3L and it was factory in my truck with no A/C.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's what I was wondering. I know the 88/89 steel bracket setups have them it's what I got but wasn't sure on the alum. ones. I've never really look ed at the alum. ones that much. I still need to get pics of mine. I never knew they had no a/c setups until mine went out and I started looking around and found some pics on the compnine site about no a/c and stuff.