Bypassed lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
did i say your tensioner was holding u back? lol
im not gona fix it cajuse it cant be fixed id have to replace the whole bracket and its pointless to do so when this works just fine and has worked fine in the past,
i see no need in replacing that period

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
did i say your tensioner was holding u back? lol
im not gona fix it cajuse it cant be fixed id have to replace the whole bracket and its pointless to do so when this works just fine and has worked fine in the past,
i see no need in replacing that period

parts store is gonna love you.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
y a 12 dollar belt maybe once a yr?

break ur bracket and both the bolts that hold it on on that side and i bet ud do the same thing
nope, i would go to the autowreckers and grab anew bracket.

i still dont understand how the belt could NOT slip, you wont notice it slipping, but i bet it is.

rico47635

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The tensioner does more than make sure the belt stays on. It also makes sure there isn't too much tension on those pullies. Too much tension can cause premature bearing failure.

Like others, I'd like to see the pics. It seems like more time is being spent arguing about whether it's something that will work right than would be spent taking a picture and posting it.

rico47635

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, buddy, but you say you don't have time to take one pic for us to see what it is you are talking about, yet you've had enough time to post 15 times in this thread in the last three days. If you don't want to post a pic that's up to you, but just say you don't want to post a pic and don't try to convince me and others that you aren't posting one because you don't have the time. I would very much like to see how you pulled this off because it really doesn't make sense that someone could eliminate such a critical part of the belt system and still maintain adequate tension. You started this thread, so it isn't too much to ask for you to follow through with some proof of what you've done. I'm not trying to be an ass or anything like that--I'm just keepin it real.

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i used to be on here everyday constantly ask around but our **** has been moved to 7 days a week so i have got like maybe 5 mins on here all togethor everyday and if it werent raining or snowing all the time id get right to it,,ive got no problem getting a pic but ive got get the time

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OBSOkie