Buying a cd player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davbell22602

1997 Chevy Silverado 4x4
Reaction score
I could use picking out a good name brand cd player for truck. I used 2 sony xplode in the past with no problems. Any suggestions?

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A good head unit is only as good as the amp, speakers or sub installed with it.

I'm a faithful Pioneer fan whose had my fair share of Kenwood, Sony, Alpine, JL Audio & R. Fosgate thump-thump days.
Best advice I can offer you is
to consider how you like to listen to your music
don't be fooled by the big names making big sound if you're on a small budget
hit some radio shops up testing out features on their equipment

before buying. Quantity over quality is the biggest mistake that can be made when shopping for nice sound.
In otherwords.......just because you spend boo-koo bucks for killer watts it don't mean your system won't sound like crap.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i mainly shoot for pioneer or alpine. pioneer has been the best to me so far. athough i had a real nice alpine in a gfs got that went to the scrap yard after she wrecked it :( but you live and learn. i like the alpine because of the look style and reliability. same with pioneer. i guess all i have to say is try to avoid motorized flip outs because every single one i have had of any brand always breaks. maybe i have bad luck idk!

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i listen to the radio sometimes but for the most part i got it turned off to hear that exhaust! lol. i have ipod to but its just a pain in my ass to pick out songs. id rather they were just set. kinda like shuffel idk w/e.