Buyer's Remorse Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

same_me

Reaction score
Well. Another project that started off good and went south. It's all gonna work out but it's never ending with this old truck. So I posted pictures once before of the tailgate cap on my truck. Broke, stupid large screws, and not made for this truck. I decided to pull it off and add a tailgate liner that covered over the top. I pulled it off to find that it had rubbed the paint off the truck. So back on it goes. I'll buy another one snice this one is broke because I can't afford to paint the gate. I did cut the liner to fit and I'm fairly happy with how things turned out.

You must be registered for see images attach

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I had the same issue. The plastic liner wore into the paint. I sprayed it with bed liner and had to use larger screws to hole it in place and put the tailgate protector over the top.

same_me

Reaction score
Not much of an update, cause I don't have pics. Maybe I can get some tomorrow. When I bought the truck it had an extreme 1-2 shift. I took it to a local trans shop that I trust thinking it was gonna need TCC solenoid work which is common on these trans. After pulling the pan he determined the trans had been rebuild and the previous builder had the pressures out of wack. With a little adjustment, softer accumulater spring, and new fluid and filter it's shifting great. I also went by th he muffler shop with hopes of changing out the exhaust to get rid of a noise I'm having. After inspection we found that the noise is not in the exhaust but actually coming from the oil pan or bell housing. So. I went ahead and had him add a MagnaFlow muffler with new pipe and had it dumped just behind the rear axle. I'll deal with the noise at another time. Either when I've got some more money or when something breaks. I'll try and post pics of the exhaust tomorrow. I also added a new tailgate handle bezel and received a new Clarion flip out and rear view camera for Christmas so those things are on tap next.

same_me

Reaction score
Here's some pics from the latest stuff. Not much but I got alot coming. Exhaust: used MagnaFlow with new pipe. Turned down after rear axle.

New floor mats. Got rid of the junky bowie mats.

New tailgate handle bezel.

Ordered (4) 4 " led pods, new interior door handles, new interior door handle bezels, door panels clips, and a under tailgate led bar last night. Should all be in soon.

same_me

Reaction score

Just a quick shot of the truck in the small dusting of snow we had Friday....

same_me

Reaction score
Got alot done in the last 4 months since I posted last....

Husky liners...

Undercoated the trailer hitch...

Before:

After:

New AVS ventshades...

Undercoated the fender wells and frame...

4" led pods on the front bumper...

Clarion flip out..

6000k LED headlights

Still got all this to go...

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
It's looking good man. I like the wheels.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Looks great!
Seeing all the undercoating and painting you've done reminds me I need to hit up my frame, fenderwells, and hitch with a fresh coat.
First time I did it I was blown away by how good it looked after dealing with the surface rust on the frame.

same_me

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Its amazing what a difference a little bit of undercoating can make. Was able to get a couple more things done today. Painted around my turn signal housings.

Before:

After :

Can't really tell anything about the fan shroud so I didn't take pictures. When I bought the truck it didn't have the lower. Not real sure why but now it does. Haha.