Buyer's Remorse Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

same_me

Reaction score
I bought this truck a few months back after selling my 06 CC 4x4 in order to pay off my credit card and boat. The reason I call it Buyer's Remorse is because I paid more for it than I should and found problems it had that I didn't know about once I got home. It's a 1996 GMC Sierra Z71. It originally had leather seats that have been changed out to cloth, tinted windows, bedliner, billet grille, new taillights, clear headlights and turn signals, JVC CD player, 2000's GMC polished wheels, and 285's. It has been repainted but looks to have been a cheap job.

Here's a picture of it the night I bought it.
You must be registered for see images attach

First thing was to add my 5000k hid's and adjust the outta whack headlights...

Next I mounted my mag light.

After that I added my low pro black toolbox and Salt Life decal a friend from work gave me.

LED interior lights were a must.

Had to have a Bama tag. ROLL TIDE!!!

Paracord wrapped the steering wheel.

Paracord headrest grab handles and fixed the saggy seat back nets.

Latest thing was the 4 hi mod.

I'll try and update as I continue to do things. I have 5000k halogen bulbs coming for the high beams to get rid of the yellow bulbs. I've also got led's for the reverse lights and underhood lights coming. Got a cb and pa speaker that I need to install. Lots of things to come.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Nice truck. Welcome! Looking forward to more progress

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Amazing looking truck! It's a shame you had a rough time with it, but I don't doubt that with a little bit of elbow grease; it'll clean up real nice!

CamaroGuy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know how you feel man. I sort of did the same thing with my truck. I love the mag light mount and I was wondering how you did the paracord steering wheel wrap?

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
Never seen the Paracorde grab handle, its rather original and very cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

same_me

Reaction score
I know how you feel man. I sort of did the same thing with my truck. I love the mag light mount and I was wondering how you did the paracord steering wheel wrap?

The paracord steering wheel wrap is easy. There are multiple videos on YouTube that show how it's done. I couldnt find a steering wheel cover i liked so this is what I came up with. I plan on wrapping the grab handles on the a pillar and roof as well.