Busted out the rattle can paint today :D

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swaggerwagon

¯\(°_o)/¯
Reaction score
welp...i finally got sick of looking for a set of black wheels on CL...So i decided to paint my current wheels...

I wish i had done this a long time ago...they turned out great imo..

Before....

You must be registered for see images attach

After.....

Swaggerwagon

¯\(°_o)/¯
Reaction score
did you take em all off, and break down the tires, or just spray it on the truck?

i use a old school trick...playing cards stuck between the rim bead/tire :D...keeps the over spray off the tires, without the mess of masking tape..i do remove the wheels from the vehicle, due to not wanting paint all over the lugs/center cap...

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Looks good, but now you need to put some tire black/shine on your tires. It always bugs me when the wheel is a nice glossy black, and the tires look dusty and flat grey looking. I realize that you drive on dirt a lot and all that, but that's just me. Looks good, but I think cleaning the tires up would really pull it together.

I've been thinking about stripping the clear coat off of mine and either polishing them, or painting the inner part black. How tough is it to get the lugs off and back on? I don't have an air wrench, but I have some pretty big socket wrenches and a breaker bar. Also, do they need to be rebalanced or anything after putting them back on, if they already are before you take them off?

Swaggerwagon

¯\(°_o)/¯
Reaction score
Looks good, but now you need to put some tire black/shine on your tires. It always bugs me when the wheel is a nice glossy black, and the tires look dusty and flat grey looking. I realize that you drive on dirt a lot and all that, but that's just me. Looks good, but I think cleaning the tires up would really pull it together.

I've been thinking about stripping the clear coat off of mine and either polishing them, or painting the inner part black. How tough is it to get the lugs off and back on? I don't have an air wrench, but I have some pretty big socket wrenches and a breaker bar. Also, do they need to be rebalanced or anything after putting them back on, if they already are before you take them off?

haha, tire shine would last all of 5 minutes where i live, no point in wasting money on it...the wheels will dull out to match the tires in a few weeks..

a jack and a 4 way lug wrench will remove the wheels no problem...

and no, the wheels will not need to be rebalanced...

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice they look much better! Awesome looking truck. I've done this to a bunch of different wheels and I just finished my bikes a couple weeks ago dont mean to thread jack but heres a few pics

You must be registered for see images