Busted out the rattle can paint today :D

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Looks good, but now you need to put some tire black/shine on your tires. It always bugs me when the wheel is a nice glossy black, and the tires look dusty and flat grey looking. I realize that you drive on dirt a lot and all that, but that's just me. Looks good, but I think cleaning the tires up would really pull it together.

I've been thinking about stripping the clear coat off of mine and either polishing them, or painting the inner part black. How tough is it to get the lugs off and back on? I don't have an air wrench, but I have some pretty big socket wrenches and a breaker bar. Also, do they need to be rebalanced or anything after putting them back on, if they already are before you take them off?

I'm pretty surprised you have never taken tires off.

The black wheels look good.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
welp...i finally got sick of looking for a set of black wheels on CL...So i decided to paint my current wheels...

I wish i had done this a long time ago...they turned out great imo..

Before....

You must be registered for see images attach

After.....

Those turned out great!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yo swaggerwagon, did you paint your engine silver? If so, looks good. Did you paint it with it out or in the truck? Mine needs some paint...

Swaggerwagon

¯\(°_o)/¯
Reaction score
yo swaggerwagon, did you paint your engine silver? If so, looks good. Did you paint it with it out or in the truck? Mine needs some paint...

I swapped my engine out last year for a lower mile 350, i painted it up before i installed it...The block/heads are black, valve covers/intake/accessory brackets are silver...