"Burblander" 1994 Suburban 5.7 K1500 - Resurrection Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcbeast

Reaction score
sorry about your dad man, its nice to see someone Putin that much work in to a tuck when it would be so much easier to get a new one

JDSmittyman

Reaction score
Tomorrow I am going to the junkyard hoping to find some seats and some other odds and ends. Hopefully. I'm also leaning towards putting in a factory replacement vinyl floor, like what comes in the work trucks. I keep reading mixed reviews on bedlining.

Is there a list of things I could find in a junkyard that would be cool and fit a 1994? Overhead console, mirror with compass and temperature, etc.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Kind of a pain to wire but the OHC from a 97+ ECSB truck and then snap in the temp/compass unit from a chevy blazer into it. I would go with the vinyl floor in the suburban rather than bedliner. I think this thing would look sick with a bit of a lift and some tow mirrors, also maybe find a 6.5 bumper and mount fog lights into the holes like the 2000 z71 Tahoe!

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
The truck is rough, but I can see it will be a labor of love in honor of your dad to restore it to it's former glory. Good luck with the future plans.

JDSmittyman

Reaction score
Kind of a pain to wire but the OHC from a 97+ ECSB truck and then snap in the temp/compass unit from a chevy blazer into it. I would go with the vinyl floor in the suburban rather than bedliner. I think this thing would look sick with a bit of a lift and some tow mirrors, also maybe find a 6.5 bumper and mount fog lights into the holes like the 2000 z71 Tahoe!

Yea.. I found a temp/compass mirror today. But have no clue how to make it work, so I passed on it.

I definitely am thinking vinyl floor now. I saw a few trucks at the junk yard with a vinyl floor and loved it.

The truck is rough, but I can see it will be a labor of love in honor of your dad to restore it to it's former glory. Good luck with the future plans.

Thank you! That is my motivation behind it. It is rough.. but getting there.

JDSmittyman

Reaction score
Another day of work on the ol' Suburban!

Went to the junkyard with no luck.. seats are going to be hard to find. Harder than I thought. But, still made it a productive day! Pulled the rest of the interior panels out, pulled the carpet out, all trim pieces out, and the headliner is ready to go! Also pulled it out of the weeds and pumped up bad tire.

You must be registered for see images attach

Next up is...

Sanding down the bad rust spots and priming over (mainly passenger floorboard - water gathering from failed door seal - still a solid floor though!), cleaning the floor and door panels, taking the dash apart to check for mold and clean, remove headliner, and replace door seals. With the Suburban now in the driveway... it just makes me want to finish and drive her again as soon as possible.

Thanks for reading! :biggrin:

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another day of work on the ol' Suburban!

Went to the junkyard with no luck.. seats are going to be hard to find. Harder than I thought. But, still made it a productive day! Pulled the rest of the interior panels out, pulled the carpet out, all trim pieces out, and the headliner is ready to go! Also pulled it out of the weeds and pumped up bad tire.

Next up is...

Sanding down the bad rust spots and priming over (mainly passenger floorboard - water gathering from failed door seal - still a solid floor though!), cleaning the floor and door panels, taking the dash apart to check for mold and clean, remove headliner, and replace door seals. With the Suburban now in the driveway... it just makes me want to finish and drive her again as soon as possible.

Thanks for reading! [emoji3]
Might as well do a esky interior swap since you're going so deep into it. I have one for sale