Budget headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The numbers are what the numbers are. I don't set tax rates or policy. If I did, you wouldn't be paying income tax.

If you are single it takes about $365k in income to owe 100k in tax, $440k if you are married filing jointly.

1madmouse

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only on paper, and that's the problem. If you're rich you can afford tax accountants and you can dodge most of your taxes. It's like a couple years ago when people decried that we had the second highest corporate taxes in the world. They were right that on paper we had the highest tax rates, but then you had plenty of companies dodging taxes entirely. The tax code has been purposely complicated to make it easier for cheats to get out of paying taxes outright. I don't have any discontent with successful people, I just want everyone to pay their fair share.
If my memory serves me right, everything in a business can be written off, But labor. And you are taxed on physical inventory so some places will throw away stock to avoid paying tax. Either way it is a mess. Here in Cali property taxes can go up 2% every year. It is all a headache we can do nothing about, I would rather talk about trucks.