Brake Line / Drum Size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hostility

Reaction score
I couldn't find the answer via the search function.

1992 C1500 Extended Cab - Long Bed

Does anyone know what size brake line is running along the driver's side frame? Mine sprung a leak in front of the rear axle.

Bonus question, does anyone know how to tell if my truck came equipped with 10" or 11" drums without pulling off the wheel and measuring them? Is there a vin code to look up or something?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Buy a set of cheap calipers if you don't already have them, and measure it...... the grey plastic ones at Harbor Freight are cheap and handy.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
I couldn't find the answer via the search function.

1992 C1500 Extended Cab - Long Bed

Does anyone know what size brake line is running along the driver's side frame? Mine sprung a leak in front of the rear axle.

Bonus question, does anyone know how to tell if my truck came equipped with 10" or 11" drums without pulling off the wheel and measuring them? Is there a vin code to look up or something?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

The line is 1/4" along the frame, it drops to 3/16" at the tee end of the rubber line in the rear.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I'd suggest the NiCopp/CuNIFer line..... the "copper" line at the parts store. It won't rust out again, like mine did, and I even bought the coated line the first time. I bought the NiCopp line by AGS from Advance Auto..... 1/4" as stated above, as I just verified it looking at my transaction history online.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
NiCo lines are the only way to go. Mine have been on about 5 years now and look just like they did when I put them on. The only thing I will mention is when I put my stainless braided lines on, one of the cheap steel nuts was seized to the NiCo line, so maybe go with stainless nuts and put a little anti seize where the nut sets.