Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looks like the truck one of my friends at O'Reilly's has, except his is white. We rag each other about GM vs. Ford....
He had another 97 F250 the same time I first got my K2500; he's got mostly GM now but still clings to a few Fords that are close to him. He wouldn't have gotten this truck if it weren't a manual, and even with it's bumps and bruises it's such a cool truck
I can see it much better in this pic. I 100% would have had the 2-shjtty farther back.
We probably should have, every time I use this trailer I'm reminded how much I hate the ramps with a burning passion, we weren't far from home so we just said "F_ck it" and strapped it down. I wish this trailer had rub rails, not very good spacing on the stake pockets for tie downs.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
that looks a lot like our old car hauler only ours did not have wheel wells and fenders it hurricane/turbine wheels on it we over loaded it quite often broke a axle twice pulled it with a 92 C-1500 extended cab step side 350 it only had 3 leaf pack it was squated with no trailer and tires almost rubed with loaded trailer

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
He had another 97 F250 the same time I first got my K2500; he's got mostly GM now but still clings to a few Fords that are close to him. He wouldn't have gotten this truck if it weren't a manual, and even with it's bumps and bruises it's such a cool truck

We probably should have, every time I use this trailer I'm reminded how much I hate the ramps with a burning passion, we weren't far from home so we just said "F_ck it" and strapped it down. I wish this trailer had rub rails, not very good spacing on the stake pockets for tie downs.
The guy who bought the F150 King Ranch supercrew from me a couple of years ago, borrowed an equipment trailer to haul it to his place the other side of Lufkin (3 hours from Houston). He didn't realize the side railing was gonna be a problem, until we started to drive it up on the trailer! Had to figure out how to get the running boards off, because they hit on the railing and damaged the skirting on the boards. Stupid plastic Phord.....

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@Supercharged111 I should also ad, I'm definitely going to be getting some mounts for a WD hitch, more than likely a Blue Ox sway hitch, the ramps are coming off soon, got a buddy who's going to do some welding on the trailer to get it set up exactly how I want it with rub rails for better tie downs, a chunk of channel iron on the back for a set of aluminum ramps to replace the steel ramps, and we're gonna modify the fenders to be removable.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
@Supercharged111 I should also ad, I'm definitely going to be getting some mounts for a WD hitch, more than likely a Blue Ox sway hitch, the ramps are coming off soon, got a buddy who's going to do some welding on the trailer to get it set up exactly how I want it with rub rails for better tie downs, a chunk of channel iron on the back for a set of aluminum ramps to replace the steel ramps, and we're gonna modify the fenders to be removable.
Sounds like you'll have the perfect setup then!

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like you'll have the perfect setup then!
I hope so, for the price of a new trailer spec'd similar to the mods I'll do, I'll be saving a pile of money. I think between the welding, new wheels, the ramps, new toolbox and whatever else I deem necessary to replace I'll probably be sitting at 1K? Beats 7500 for a new trailer!

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Made a run to my local yard today, scored decent enough. Managed to get a new driver's side door panel since mine is wrecked. All of the retainer clips are long gone, and the door panel is catching on the trim every time I open the door, so I've managed to not only rip the door panel but also tore the vent portion almost all the way off. Found a replacement panel, going to pressure wash it tomorrow if the weather permits and try to scrounge up some new clips,

Found some time tonight before I went to the gym and replaced my burnt out cab lights. Still need to replace a few interior lights but I'm slowly bringing this thing back around.

Next big hurdle is a new steering wheel, I've pretty much worn the leather off; I've scouted a few out at the yard and since I'll need to go back next weekend to get a replacement window for my topper I'll grab a new steering wheel too.
As much as I want an airbag wheel I'll probably wind up with another non-airbag one.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Made a run to my local yard today, scored decent enough. Managed to get a new driver's side door panel since mine is wrecked. All of the retainer clips are long gone, and the door panel is catching on the trim every time I open the door, so I've managed to not only rip the door panel but also tore the vent portion almost all the way off. Found a replacement panel, going to pressure wash it tomorrow if the weather permits and try to scrounge up some new clips,

Found some time tonight before I went to the gym and replaced my burnt out cab lights. Still need to replace a few interior lights but I'm slowly bringing this thing back around.

Next big hurdle is a new steering wheel, I've pretty much worn the leather off; I've scouted a few out at the yard and since I'll need to go back next weekend to get a replacement window for my topper I'll grab a new steering wheel too.
As much as I want an airbag wheel I'll probably wind up with another non-airbag one.

99-02 GMT800 trucks had the correct airbag wheel too FYI.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Replaced the door panels, scored a pack of 100 of the vampire clips off Amazon for $10, as much as I'm not a fan of Amazon I couldn't beat that.
It's so nice being able to open the door without ripping the panel to shreds. Need to get my ass in gear and do door pins and the HD door handles soon.