Bought the palmer performance dashcommand to set CMP retard what a difference

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MILLCMACK

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was not able to access the cmp using dash command. Confirmed with doug at Palmer performance that I would be able to when purchasing the GM package and was not. Reached out several times with no response from them there after. Luckily, someone with torq I believe came down the street when he realized what I was doing.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I was just on the website but I didnt see where you could adjust anything with the vehicle, it just looked like another scanner/reader that shows the vehicles performance but not anything to adjust its settings?

MILLCMACK

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just on the website but I didnt see where you could adjust anything with the vehicle, it just looked like another scanner/reader that shows the vehicles performance but not anything to adjust its settings?
Not surprised after all this honestly. I got a message just about 10 minutes after posting his name here so likely they are watching and would love to hear them chime in.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

From when I used it a few years ago, that’s about all that it was even with the add-on ($) GM PID package. For the CMP Retard (which is why I bought it at the time) it worked on my 98 but I remember hearing that people with 96-97 sometimes had issues getting it to work. Some did, some didn’t, it was inconsistent.

A better bet would probably be looking for a used Tech2, Snap-On or the like for the bi-directional control.

barry_g

Reaction score
From when I used it a few years ago, that’s about all that it was even with the add-on ($) GM PID package. For the CMP Retard (which is why I bought it at the time) it worked on my 98 but I remember hearing that people with 96-97 sometimes had issues getting it to work. Some did, some didn’t, it was inconsistent.

A better bet would probably be looking for a used Tech2, Snap-On or the like for the bi-directional control.
well damn.
I was blaming my cheap obd2 bluetooth
I went through 3 of them.

I have the obdlink LX on the way.
dash commander is all setup with the extra pid.

adding up my pennies.. could have just bought an old snap on outdated.
over 7 years is enough to not get mad.

hope it works.
I'll post somewhere in here.. I was looking at another old thread, 2018. the problem was the obd2 cheap dongle.. hope it is just that for me too.

MILLCMACK

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
well damn.
I was blaming my cheap obd2 bluetooth
I went through 3 of them.

I have the obdlink LX on the way.
dash commander is all setup with the extra pid.

adding up my pennies.. could have just bought an old snap on outdated.
over 7 years is enough to not get mad.

hope it works.
I'll post somewhere in here.. I was looking at another old thread, 2018. the problem was the obd2 cheap dongle.. hope it is just that for me too.
i have the OBDlink SX and after lots of reading suspect that may be my issue. ordered a veepeak that should arrive today so ill see if it magically shows up in my PID list after i validate again.

MILLCMACK

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
veepeak BLE did not work. i can see the PID on my apple app but they dont have a listed bluetooth obd2 reader that is supported and available for purchase.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I did mine, I used a $40 BAFX (or BFX?) Bluetooth, the DashCommand app and a $30 RCA android tablet from Walmart. I couldn’t get anything to work with apple at the time. All-in, it was maybe $100 but they’ve gone up considerably in price for the add-on.

The adapter worked for a year or two, but eventually wouldn’t connect at all. Haven’t tried it in some time now.

There was another app that would also read the CMP - CarGauge Pro which was similarly priced.