Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Possibly worse than stock? It's a Walker quiet flow from what I can tell. Appears to have been flared out to fit the stock pipes. Watch me chop it off and it doesn't do a damn thing.

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh man those things are like mazes inside. Sure they make it quiet but you're going to lose a lot of air flow. I noticed a huge difference when I cut the stock muffler out, although mine appeared to be original with 174K on it. There were some chunks rattling around. Jones Max Flow makes a 2-into-1 design that worked really well for me. Its not loud but its a straight through design and I installed a 3" single tail pipe. Worked great.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm thinking of grabbing that bus muffler that Walker makes, dual 2.75 in single 4" out.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Alright turns out the EGR was stuck open to some degree even though I'd disabled it in the tune. Admittedly I never gave it the power wire it needs so maybe it needed that to hold it closed. Unplugging it also works just fine and now the truck idles smooth and tip in is as it was before the swap. I can DD the thing again which is huge because I need to get the 1500 to the body shop for warranty work and I needed a fully functional dually before I did that in case the 1500 is in for a long ass time.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I'm thinking of grabbing that bus muffler that Walker makes, dual 2.75 in single 4" out.

Glass packs. Glass packs and no cats.

I know when I put the Jones muffler on my truck it woke it up a bit more; even though it already had true dual and a Flowmaster muffler, are the Walker quiet flow mufflers really that bad?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
They're a stock replacement. I'm really hoping this one is that bad. I bet it'd be OK for a stock small block. The inlets and outlets are smaller than stock, but that doesn't necessarily indicate restrictive innards. We shall soon see. Glasspacks, no thanks. I actually like how quiet this thing is, but I can tell how loud it'd be with a wide open muffler hence my desire for the bus muffler. I finger its innards must have the flow of a larger engine in mind.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
They're a stock replacement. I'm really hoping this one is that bad. I bet it'd be OK for a stock small block. The inlets and outlets are smaller than stock, but that doesn't necessarily indicate restrictive innards. We shall soon see. Glasspacks, no thanks. I actually like how quiet this thing is, but I can tell how loud it'd be with a wide open muffler hence my desire for the bus muffler. I finger its innards must have the flow of a larger engine in mind.

Where can I find the bus muffler? I might let my dad know about that for our 99 C3500; it's quiet now with dual Magnaflow mufflers on it, like, really quiet for straight through mufflers, but I think my dad wants quieter.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I definitely would not do glasspacks and no cats. When I made my exhaust I ditched the cats and used a 24" borla xr-1, it is quite loud, I would imagine glasspacks to be worse.

Tom P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's a picture for reference of the Generic Walker Quiet Flow design
You must be registered for see images attach

Here's the jones design for reference. Mine is the 22" body so its the quietest you can get in a straight through design

You must be registered for see images attach