Bolt-Ons for Vortec 350's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay guys, this is more of just a clarification and to go down my checklist. I doask to be informed of anything that i've overlooked.

Intake
MAF
Headers
Catback
catless/highflows
tune
Electric fan(s)
throttle body (aparently bbk made one can someone confirm?)
Placebo pulleys
Throttle placebo spacer

Anything else that could be considered bolt ons?

Thanks in Advance
-Chris

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Save your money on the maf and tb spacer. The maf is big enough to not be a restriction and a lot of the aftermarket ones tend to have issues. Additional intake volume isn't needed on a dry intake. The pulleys actually do help to a small extent. There are several companies that offer a ported and polished stock tb or can do yours, rv morse comes to mind. I would also consider a set of 1.6 ratio full roller rockers. You will need narrow body, self aligning, 3/8" stud. I like the scorpion brand. I've never heard of a complaint about valve train noise from anyone running them but I can't say the same thing about other brands.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Save your money on the maf and tb spacer. The maf is big enough to not be a restriction and a lot of the aftermarket ones tend to have issues. Additional intake volume isn't needed on a dry intake.

This. The factory intake is just fine for 99% of people and aftermarket MAFs are garbage that do nothing but mess with your tune.

Same with the throttle body. The factory one isn't going to hurt you at all until you start heavily modifying your engine, and the BBKs, Holleys and other aftermarket options are pretty terrible from what I've read.

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Save your money on the maf and tb spacer. The maf is big enough to not be a restriction and a lot of the aftermarket ones tend to have issues. Additional intake volume isn't needed on a dry intake. The pulleys actually do help to a small extent. There are several companies that offer a ported and polished stock tb or can do yours, rv morse comes to mind. I would also consider a set of 1.6 ratio full roller rockers. You will need narrow body, self aligning, 3/8" stud. I like the scorpion brand. I've never heard of a complaint about valve train noise from anyone running them but I can't say the same thing about other brands.

When I bought the truck it had a gramantelli MAF on it. I left it be. A Placebo spacer wont do anything since it as no change to the intake runners. If there was a bolt on intake that supported stock fuel but have higher runners i'd run that over the spacer. Obviously port match it to the head.

So UDP's actually work on these trucks. Do you recall which pulleys it replaces? Crank, wtr pump, ps pump right?

When I do decide to go about swapping heads (i've built them already just need to get an appropiate cam and do the swap. Just been a lazy ******* that dosnt want to open his wallet :wtf: )

Nothing too crazy
Ported factory vortec heads
screw in studs
beehive springs for .550 lift
1.6 ratio roller rockers. Ironically I got scorpion aswell, Got em through summit.

And I'll get a long duration medium lift (440,450 range with 1.5 rockers) I'm thinking 113 LSA. Might go down to 107 if I cant decide on anyhting that has 113.

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This. The factory intake is just fine for 99% of people and aftermarket MAFs are garbage that do nothing but mess with your tune.

Same with the throttle body. The factory one isn't going to hurt you at all until you start heavily modifying your engine, and the BBKs, Holleys and other aftermarket options are pretty terrible from what I've read.

Had my tune done with my gramantelli maf. When I was running a hypertech programmer, i ran rich as hell with it. With my tune its just fine. When I get off my ass and do heads/cam I'll probably yank my TB and mildly port and polish it.

chrmaka

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And I'll get a long duration medium lift (440,450 range with 1.5 rockers) I'm thinking 113 LSA. Might go down to 107 if I cant decide on anyhting that has 113.

Mother of underestimate. I can go .515 cam and not go over with 1.6 ratio rockers.

dirtautoguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
another one that is sort of bolt on is the headpipes. I know on my k1500 the head pipes were tiny! I had them redone with some 2.25 and it made a big difference in power delivery. I know alot of people go with 2.5 inch too like the k2500s.