Bolt On Exhaust Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
I like how customizable the kits are, although I would still prefer to just go to a shop with my muffler of choice and have them fab me up something. Muffler back doesn't require much bending and its only two welds if you are going SI/DO

Sent from my SGH-T959P using Tapatalk 2

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
So do muffler shops charge by the weld? And mandrel bends would also cost more. If it would cost less than $230 for a shop to do it, I'll take it to the shop.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
I like how customizable the kits are, although I would still prefer to just go to a shop with my muffler of choice and have them fab me up something. Muffler back doesn't require much bending and its only two welds if you are going SI/DO

Local shop only charged me $60 from the Y-pipe back. all new 3" piping, cat delete, and thrush SI/DO with turndowns.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looks good, but id get it welded or have a shop weld one up

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I guess I'll keep looking for a shop. I'll see what they say and if they are wanting too much I'll go with this kit :shrug:

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
So do muffler shops charge by the weld? And mandrel bends would also cost more. If it would cost less than $230 for a shop to do it, I'll take it to the shop.

I've never heard of anywhere charging by the weld, I've always just paid for supplies and an hourly shop rate. I wouldn't really worry about mandrel bends, you'll never notice a difference. If you take it somewhere that can its a bonus, but definitely nothing to worry about.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Local shop only charged me $60 from the Y-pipe back. all new 3" piping, cat delete, and thrush SI/DO with turndowns.

Damn thats cheap, I paid $300 for 3" piping from the cat back, mandrel bends, 4" tip supplied muffler and tip they did the rest, lowest price I found out here

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2