Body lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eggman

Reaction score
Well, I know the guy on the jeep site talks about measuring the thickness of the puck every 5-10 pounds of torque. He has ALOT of torque on that puck. Quite possibly more than realistic. I might have to pick up a hockey puck sometime and see how much torque it takes to get it that far. Anything over torqued will fail, even the fiberblocks that you now buy for body lifts. Have a great weekend.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would be interested to see it, he claims it was only like 50 ft. lbs or so.

I tell ya you couldn't be more right on things failing over torque being too high and such.

The thick steel brackets that came with my steps, they are less then 1/4 thick, but alot more 1/8 thick, not sure exactly what thickness, but with only 65 ft. lbs. they bent, sunk in around the body mount bolts. I was surprised. They don't build things like they used to.

Say a guy with a suzuki do his BL off of pucks, he used glue and drain pipe, stacked the pucks, sanded the edges, glued them and slide the pipe over them.