blue bus solid axle adventure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
I wouldn't say a LP D44 is an upgrade or a downgrade from a 10 bolt, so I wouldn't bother. And unless you're converting to 5 lug, the new rotors are useless, and you've got basically no way to figure out what caliper you need.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
spring pad width is 32 and wms is 66. not sure on the wms measurement. i found something that said chevy 10 bolts are 67 so idk. that axle would keep me from havung to swap t case and make new crossmember and make the new t case linkage

DAGEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can't find a 78-79 ford hp 44? I know some area's are hard to come across. If the wms for the said axle you may use is good then you could probably run chevy outer's on it and get away with keeping 6 lug. Only hard part would be finding a flat top passenger knuckle i would think. Then you could just run all the outer stuff from a chevy 10 bolt or chevy 44.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have all pieces to make it 6 lug i have dana 44 flat tops as well... does the wms sound right at 66? my buddys loking for a hp 8 lug dana 44 for me. id much rather do that and make it 6 lug and run my wheels and tires and swap back to 8 lug when the rear goes. if i go with ford axle i got to get rid of the p drop 241 i got -_- hopin i can get the 150 i paid for it back

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
would it be worth it over using a 10b? or wait and find the hp dana 44

depends on how high you plan to go, my first axle in my old 94 was from a 77 highboy and only used a 4" spring with factory 73-87 front hangers which gave me about 8" lift and had binding issue with the low pinion, switched to a hp and i went 2" higher at the same time and was all good

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im wanting to be around 7-8. going to use fabworx which is 3" lift and i have 52" springs so i think it should end up around 7-8.

i can get it for 100.. think i will. my buddy will take me next sunday to get it. im hping i can sell the p drop 241 for 200 or 150 that i paid for it and sell the ford 5 lug parts and should be left with extra money

Last edited:

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
im wanting to be around 7-8. going to use fabworx which is 3" lift and i have 52" springs so i think it should end up around 7-8.

i can get it for 100.. think i will. my buddy will take me next sunday to get it. im hping i can sell the p drop 241 for 200 or 150 that i paid for it and sell the ford 5 lug parts and should be left with extra money

5 lug parts will be hard to even give away, for that much lift you really should have a high pinion, you can use shims to tip the pinion some but there is a good chance you will need to cut and turn the knuckles and machine spring pads to be able to get the pinion far enough.