Blewnnn up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flintlock

Reaction score
Hey guys I meant to tell y'all earlier that I was offroading hard on my 97 K1500 4.3 over Thanksgiving and my truck let go on me. It knocked off and wouldn't start; I ran the battery dead cranking and had to haul it home later. When I finally started it up, it made the most awful squealing noise and knocking mostly a looouuuddd squeal and it will rev up to more than 3,000 rpms. It will barely move under its own power and is blowing white smoke which I presume to be oil consumption. I have a deal on a used motor for $650 and lifetime warranty replacement. Is it worth it verses tearing my engine down (which I've never done but I'm sure I could if extremely necessary.

Thanks

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys I meant to tell y'all earlier that I was offroading hard on my 97 K1500 4.3 over Thanksgiving and my truck let go on me. It knocked off and wouldn't start; I ran the battery dead cranking and had to haul it home later. When I finally started it up, it made the most awful squealing noise and knocking mostly a looouuuddd squeal and it will rev up to more than 3,000 rpms. It will barely move under its own power and is blowing white smoke which I presume to be oil consumption. I have a deal on a used motor for $650 and lifetime warranty replacement. Is it worth it verses tearing my engine down (which I've never done but I'm sure I could if extremely necessary.

Thanks
The question you should be asking yourself is if you should spend that money on a v8. I would take the opportunity to upgrade it to the 350. Shouls be able to get one for the same price and the swap is really fairly simple.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
White smoke is not oil being burnt. White smoke is water entering the combustion chamber. Something's cracked. Block, cylinder or (Typical Vortec) a head gasket has gone south.

flintlock

Reaction score
Alright guys. I bought the motor the other day and started tearing down everything off the old one to save my mechanic buddies some time. Waiting on them to finish tearing down everything off and put the new one in. It's supposed to snow here in southside VA soon.