blew my GM 10 bolt this weekend 14 bolt locker?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this weekend i blew my factory rear end out of my truck. the entire carrier blew in half then destroyed the ring and pinion and spider gears. i cant really be mad at it considering its a stock rear end with 230K with 35 inch tires and it being standered lol. so i picked up a 14 bolt SF 6 lug out of a 97 1500HD for 300. i wanted to go FF but didnt feel like changing axles and whatnot because of it being 6 lug. i think a 14 SF is one hell of an upgrade from the 10 bolt anywise. i was thinking about putting a locker but dont want to spend very much in it any suggestions? P.S. i dont wheel with it very much, mostly trail riding
You must be registered for see images attach

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
power trax lockright has my vote, good little lunch box lockers and are as strong as the diff around them.

I do like the power trax i had one in my old 91 yukon, just a lil expensive. I have heard of thr lunch box i just have no clue what it is.

Last edited:

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
are those g80s one size fits all ring gear or are they like 4.10 and up and 3.73 down?