black stock z71 rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old Goat Ninja

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right behind you with Duct tape stretched out
I've never seen stock Z71 rims painted black, so I can't say. But I've seen, and done myself, plenty of rims flat black and think they look fine. It's all about the prep work. And even then, they'll chip now and then. It's work to keep them nice. I have never seen a set of stock rims painted glass black that I've liked. Just doesn't come out well, and then touch ups look like garbage. Flat black is the way to go. I have the rims on my daily driver painted black and I really like them, but they are flat black, and as soon as I notice a chip, I touch it up immediately. I use BBQ paint. I like that because it's strong and rarely chips, and when you touch it up, you can't tell that I did. I do a quick squirt on chipped area, and it's done, once paint is dry there's no "lines" after. I DO NOT use any clear coat. Also, looks like garabge in my opinion, and completely ruins any touchups after initial paint. No good way to touch up and not have "lines" between original paint and touch up with a clear coat. I can go out to garage and take a picture if you like, but it's not a GMT400, it's a Toyota Tacoma.

But like I said, it is work keeping them nice. I've seen A LOT of painted rims that look like sheet.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

hey kamokevin, those dont look bad at all, especially with a black truck, not sure how they would look on my maroon silverado tho

LiftedGmc355

207 Stepside
Reaction score
I personally don't like them I did it to my first truck and it was bright red and I had a friend do it to his 98 silverado and it was maroon and it didn't look good.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
im thinking about just doing the center section of it becasue mine is always alot darker becasue of brake dust, id love to see these rims chromed but ive never seen a crome center cap

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
black rims on maroon truck
You must be registered for see images attach

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Thats not what he means.

And no, please don't do that. It will look worse than whatever you have.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Thats not what he means.

And no, please don't do that. It will look worse than whatever you have.

ik what he means haha i was the first one to post in this thread but that pic still shows similar to what he wants

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
its just ideas, i dont see myself ever commiting to buying a new set of rims to dress up my truck so ive been trying to find something to do to dress up the stock rims

OnionLoaf

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I had mine powder coated flat black i think they look alright