Black Coffee's 98' RCSB 4wd build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
]Heres some shots of the interior, just put in the flooring a couple days ago and I'm almost done putting on my oem flares
The truck (overall) doesn't look redneck to me? Tell me what is "redneck" about it and I'll get rid of it, I was looking for a clean look. If by "redneck" you mean it looks like a "truck" then please specify. Is it the rack?! I plan to take it off if that is whats killing the look.
I posted this up on Tahoeyukonforum because I use to go there ALOT when I had my 2door to see what they thought and they are all calling it a hick truck.

You must be registered for see images

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i love your truck screw the haters, it doesnt look redneck, just outdoorsmanly

slim

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
they are probably just calling it that because it is actually USED. which was the original purpose of the pickup. and it looks real clean to me! definitely not like the so called "hick trucks" we have round here..

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I think ALOT of guys on forums like gmfs and stuff just drive trucks because they prefer them over cars. Not for any purpose just because. I mean I'm out of the construction business for now but I use this thing for everything. I couldn't do with a car. And my 2 door was pushing it even. This is much more practical. I appreciate it. I suppose when I install a 6" lift and all the other suspension goodies and make up my rear carrier bumper it'll look like a trail rig, but I like that.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
The only thing i can see as redneck is the rack. but if it is used as a truck and the rack serves a purpose then it is fine. When i look at it i don't see a redneck truck, i see a clean truck that can and will put in work.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Who the hell called that redneck?? Its a good looking truck, if youre going to actually use the headache rack whats the problem?? Redneck, "hick truck", nope, thats what you call a hack job lifted mud truck in my neck of the woods.

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its a good looking truck, and if you like it, that is what matters. The redneck stuff I see is the rack, white lettering on tires, blue seats and the fender flares. At least paint the flares to match if you like having them on there. If you like that stuff, then run it!

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Who the hell called that redneck?? Its a good looking truck, if youre going to actually use the headache rack whats the problem?? Redneck, "hick truck", nope, thats what you call a hack job lifted mud truck in my neck of the woods.

ya some dumbass body lifted his vehicle with 4x4s and starters. thats what you call redneck!

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
People usually throw the term "Redneck truck" around because of a few reasons, and mind you, I think your truck is pretty cool looking.

Reasons a truck can be considered "Redneck"

1. The style of the truck doesn't flow together, basically meaning, the truck has a bunch of aftermarket parts slapped on it.
2. Stuff is unfinished on it, for example, on my truck, the rear bumper isn't raised up after the body lift.
3. It has camo all over it. (which I think is sweet, 1 member here has full camo wrap, now thats badass)

I am in NO way saying that your truck is any of those, those are just examples of why rich uppity people think some trucks are "redneck".

But when I get a vehicle, usually I NEVER EVER EVER buy a vehicle that has already been modded or changed. I have and always will buy my vehicles completely stock, so I can be the one to make it my own. So when I started modding my truck, I thought to myself, "I am going to make this truck look very plain, but have that certain pop to it", so when someone sees it, they will wonder why the hell it is catching their eye.

So basically I just made it plain and simple, but capable of doing more than it did from the factory.

But the only opinion I have of your truck is, the headache rack, to me they are just kind of over the top. BUT.. BUT, before anyone should go telling you to take it off, they should take in to consideration that you might have it on there for a reason.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
trucks lookin good now!

no flares please.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeraldinmendez