black can with vacuum line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is the black can looking thing on the driver side up by the radiator? Tried searching but i dont know what its called. Can it be removed to tidy things up? I don't have emissions so if it has any thing to do with that, its not a problem. Thanks guys

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
It's called a vapor canister. That line actually goes all the way into the tank to act as the breather.

Honestly, :imo: I don't see any problem with removing it and putting a regular cone breather on the tank.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Get ready to smell gas fumes if you remove it.

In other words, get ready to have explosive gas vapors under your hood if you remove it. :D Yes, yes, I know this person and that person removed it and they didn't blow up yet. :D That's the vent to your tank fellas...

Richard

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Can you relocate it to the frame without issues?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I just dont like it in my engine compartment its ugly and clutters it up

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
mine had a line that roughted and fell off... it was never connected for I don't know how many years... im sure theirs something smaller available to vent your gas tank elsewhere... it is 20 some year old technology...