Biggest Front Sway Bar Available for 98 K2500 Suburban?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Funny this thread came back. went to a local yard, they have a 'burb with the rear bar, and my tahoe only has a front, so should be bigger than the burb with both front/rear bars. But they alos have a dually there, I might have to grab that front bar. Same burb has a flowmaster cat back on it too, just need to slide it off the mounts and trim to fit.

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Me neither... I was gunna shoot them a email to see what specs I can get.

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Funny this thread came back. went to a local yard, they have a 'burb with the rear bar, and my tahoe only has a front, so should be bigger than the burb with both front/rear bars. But they alos have a dually there, I might have to grab that front bar. Same burb has a flowmaster cat back on it too, just need to slide it off the mounts and trim to fit.
I didn’t mention that one of those K3500’s was a dually.

1 dually, 1 SRW K3500 and a K1500 all with the same front bar.

Odd that it’s such a small bar too.
I’d like to have a 1-3/8 bar but I’m started to realize that probably doesn’t exist

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I saw it for sale somewhere listed as a 1-1/8” bar.
So no upgrade from all of them I already have

May be worth asking them to build a bigger bar.
It may be easier to talk them into it than you think.

Me neither... I was gunna shoot them a email to see what specs I can get.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Two bars?
Ie, add another (thinner) one to the existing one.

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heard back from Hellwig, it is indeed a 1-1/8" dia. bar, solid bar made from US 4140 chromoly steel. Thats as much as I got out of them. Oh yeah, and this is their largest front bar for 4wd GMT 400's. Apparently they have some info about the manufacturing process on their YT channel if anyone is interested.

Let me know if anyone knows of a larger front bar. I'd like to this camper under better control.