Rear sway bar - adco 214

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockR67

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm thinking about adding a rear sway bar to the ‘99 suburban. There are a couple of options out there, and this one that is half the price and doesn’t require drilling. (Adco 214)

even though a rear sway will help in general, I really like the stability in towing. Anyone ever run across this bar or use it?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Your Suburban isn't already equipped with a rear sway bar? They generally are.. I haven't seen a gmt400 Suburban yet that didn't have one, factory.

If Addco has an offering that fits a Suburban it is likely an upgrade from the factory bar.

Richard

rockR67

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your Suburban isn't already equipped with a rear sway bar? They generally are.. I haven't seen a gmt400 Suburban yet that didn't have one, factory.

If Addco has an offering that fits a Suburban it is likely an upgrade from the factory bar.

Richard

Nope, no rear sway bar on this 2500 (yes on the front). And no evidence there ever was one either.

rockR67

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotcha. Guess I haven't seen enough 2500 Burbs. :( That's sad because I've always wanted one.. tricky finding just the right combo for me.

Richard

On the flip side ... I hadn't been around enough 1500 Burbs or Tahoes to know that they were kind of considered standard! Interesting.

I took a shot of what's underneath, there are some holes that look suspicious as to where something 'could' go but no evidence anything ever did, just some good ol' bump stops (man, you'd really have to compress the living daylights of those big springs to hit that!)

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm thinking the same now. Looks like what they're offering there is a drop-in replacement for something that already has everything set up.