Biggershaft96's truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Cleaned the truck up and parked it for a while. I need to get some things done before the snow flys.
-front diff, rebuild or replace
-tires. Ill probably wait until the end of november so theyre nice and new for the winter.
-find some winter weight for the bed.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Well ive got a front diff paid for, now i gotta go pull it out after work today. I know a guy here in town that usually keeps 10-15 400s that he parts out. Kind of like thz71 but on a bigger scale. anyways hopefully i will have working 4x4 by monday. Brought the front driveshaft to work to put new joints in, cv shafts are coming in at autozone sometime today, They only had one in stock.

VCaddy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good! Deleting those chrome bed rails was a good decision, I need to dump my chrome caps soon.

Header gasket leaks - get the copper gaskets from Summit and a set of Stage 8 locking header bolts. I blew an exhaust gasket every 6 months with the standard parts, the copper and Stage 8 have been good for 3 years now.

Are you gonna reseal your new front diff? Mine leaks like there's not even seals in it, really should pull that out one of these near days.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Looks good! Deleting those chrome bed rails was a good decision, I need to dump my chrome caps soon.

Header gasket leaks - get the copper gaskets from Summit and a set of Stage 8 locking header bolts. I blew an exhaust gasket every 6 months with the standard parts, the copper and Stage 8 have been good for 3 years now.

Are you gonna reseal your new front diff? Mine leaks like there's not even seals in it, really should pull that out one of these near days.

Those bed rails came off within hours of owning it lol. That first pic was 20min after driving it off the lot.

Ill have to try those copper gaskets. I think i might try a different set of headers because these ones eat donut gaskets like crazy too. I pulled it apart, cleaned resealed already.

Motivation struck and the diff is going in tonight. Might try it out tomorrow but everything looked good inside.

Last edited:

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Diff is in, amd it works, i think lol. Its kinda hard to test out, i just threw new mastercraft courser mxt tires on it wednesday (i know sooner than i thought lol) but it grabs and goes in the woods so it must be working.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah for working front diff! Mines making some noise which I'm not thrilled about.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Yeah for working front diff! Mines making some noise which I'm not thrilled about.

yea thats how mine started, id get some fresh fluid in it asap. Mine leaked most of the fuid out and what was left was pretty much sludge. I shoulda maintained it better but oh well.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've already changed the fluid; it helped some. I'm debating tearing this one apart or trying to find a low mileage used one.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Diff is in, amd it works, i think lol. Its kinda hard to test out, i just threw new mastercraft courser mxt tires on it wednesday (i know sooner than i thought lol) but it grabs and goes in the woods so it must be working.

Gotta get some pics of it with those new tires on!

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Lol ill put some up once i can use someones phone to take a picture. My 6 plus phone takes ****** pics because of all the metal shavings its around at work. It pretty much looks the same as the second pic on the first page, theyre the same just more tread lol.