Biggershaft96's truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Well i finally made a photobucket account. Been on here for a bit so i figured might as well. This is my 96 half ton. I bought it for 4800 back in 2013. In november 2014 it got hit. I collected 3200 and got the truck back. Sold the truck for 3000 shortly after. Bought it back for 2200 in july 2015 and the only thing that was different was the tires. It aint going anywhere this time around. Ive been through 3 transmissions and 2 rear ends so far.
Whats been done so far:
-t bars turned up for 285s
-mpfi spider injector
-monster transmission
-headers
-kobalt low profile black toolbox
-tow mirrors
-fender flares

Future mods:
Unknown

I have zero plans with my truck, i see to many build threads that start off sayin they are gonna sas or 6" rcx or lsx swap. Id rather just go with the flow. Im perfectly happy with my truck the way it is, dont really want it to be any taller and more power would be nice but its got plenty as it is. With that said if i find a good deal on a 4.8, 5.3, 6.0 it might get one. I do have a set of straight axles for this but im not set on whether i want to throw them on or not. As far as the body goes it has been bondod in spots, found that out in the accident, but im on the fence about fixing it. I know if it gets fixed i would have a problem taking it out in the woods or back in a swap where i cut wood so im not sure on those yet.

ON TO THE PICHURES!!!

The first day i brought it home
You must be registered for see images attach

As it sits today

When i found out the swamp was to wet to get to the woods

The wreck damage

The other guy

Pic with my old 79

Yes.. Thats a pink mossy oak floormat lol

Last edited:

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
3 transmissions? Maybe its time for a manual swap with the LS :superhack:
Lol maybe once i get my money back outta the monster rebuild. It doesnt even have 5000 miles on it but when you live half mile from work you dont put alot of miles on it lol
Edit: Also i dont know that its geting a ls yet, i havnt looked mine over yet.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Ever notice most of those threads that say "I'm gonna Cummins/LSx/straight axle swap on 40's rolling coal in my brodozer", typically actually consist of spray painting random parts of the truck, putting a visor on, LED string lights, then a distributor fails, they can't trouble shoot it, so it get's put up for sale for 7500 dollars and sells for 400 bucks because it was a rotted out POS to begin with?

If it's doing what you need it to do, no need to switch it up. I always say, the best stuff, is the stuff you have now lol.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Ever notice most of those threads that say "I'm gonna Cummins/LSx/straight axle swap on 40's rolling coal in my brodozer", typically actually consist of spray painting random parts of the truck, putting a visor on, LED string lights, then a distributor fails, they can't trouble shoot it, so it get's put up for sale for 7500 dollars and sells for 400 bucks because it was a rotted out POS to begin with?

If it's doing what you need it to do, no need to switch it up. I always say, the best stuff, is the stuff you have now lol.
Right lol. Thats why i dont have any plans for it. If something breaks, rebuild it stronger. My front diff is out right now but if this motors gotta be repaced i wount have the money to build my sas before winter and if i gotta replace the front diff theres no need to sas anymore.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Did your front diff fail while wheeling? Or was it just an old part and wore out?

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Did your front diff fail while wheeling? Or was it just an old part and wore out?
I think it was more like last time i took it out and flushed it out i didnt put enough rtv on because when i pulled the plug on it there wasnt even a quarter of a quart. Either that or the seals on the end of the tubes were shot

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
In that case I'd reseal and throw some bearings at it and continue as is.

I'm no fan of the IFS, but I do realize that for 99% of people 90% of the time, it does what it needs to.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Thats probably whats gonna happen unless i can find a 14 bolt and fron diff with 3.73s which isnt likely.