Biggershaft96's truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Thats probably whats gonna happen unless i can find a 14 bolt and fron diff with 3.73s which isnt likely.

They're really common in 3/4 tons lol. I just found like a thousand on car-part, my local 4x4 forum and craisglist have a few posted too.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Nope 3.42. Id eventually like 3.73. If i sas my axles have 4.10s and they have new bearings and everything so i wont mess with them.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Ordinarily I'd say it's not enough of a difference to matter, but a SF 14b in 3.73 is pretty much the standard way to find them lol. And since your front diff is French toast anyway, a swap does make sense in your case.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Ordinarily I'd say it's not enough of a difference to matter, but a SF 14b in 3.73 is pretty much the standard way to find them lol. And since your front diff is French toast anyway, a swap does make sense in your case.
Right. Ive always been a big "if it aint broke dont fix it" kinda person lol. Ive found a bunch of 14 bolts with 3.73s but cant find a front diff to match lol. I checked my motor out on lunch and its either the back cylinder on the drivers side or my exhaust donut blew out again. I swear i change these things like twice a year and when they blow out it always sounds different.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Right. Ive always been a big "if it aint broke dont fix it" kinda person lol. Ive found a bunch of 14 bolts with 3.73s but cant find a front diff to match lol. I checked my motor out on lunch and its either the back cylinder on the drivers side or my exhaust donut blew out again. I swear i change these things like twice a year and when they blow out it always sounds different.

Well that's good news lol. I've been putting some mild effort into finding the ball and socket style header's for Pigpen so I don't have to deal with that lol.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Its a real pita. I thought the headers would help but ive throw header gaskets on twice and donuts more times than i remember.