better look advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1994chevymanual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok go to my build thread in my sig for pictures, but i am wanting more of a rugged look/off road look Without lifting my truck. I am thinking of a 1.5" crank and 285s on the old girl but want some advice on what else to be done to help achieve that look. thank you!!

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
Pull your valence off and do a complete blackout. Use the same liner youve been using on your front bumper and prerunner and your rear bumper. Maybe see if you can get some more nevative offset rims to make it look a little wider?

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Lets see.....
You must be registered for see images attach

Wheels and tires.................. Check!
PreRunner bar with lights...... Check!
Flares................................. Check!
Color matched grille.............. Check!
Tinted lenses........................ Check!

Other than blacking out the front bumper, a cowl hood, cranking the keys and maybe a block in the rear. I think your all set.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Blacking out the "rods" that are over the headlights in your brush guard would look good, I think. Maybe plastidip them so its temporary.

I have 285s on my truck. Much nicer look, but I have zero offset wheels so they stick out a little. If you were to go that route, you'll likely need a crank first. I still have a bit of rub but I only get it once in a blue moon on the inner liner. No biggy.

If you're a firefighter, you can justify a CB. I like the look, I use mine here and there.

1994chevymanual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i gotcha guys i think i will stick with the chrome bumper.. and i already bedlined my rear bumper but that was already black and the rims make the front tires a little past the flares not much on a quater inch or so and what rims would you guy recommend i go with i am thinking about going to a 16x9 rim instead of my 16x8s when i go to 285s

1994chevymanual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Blacking out the "rods" that are over the headlights in your brush guard would look good, I think. Maybe plastidip them so its temporary.

I have 285s on my truck. Much nicer look, but I have zero offset wheels so they stick out a little. If you were to go that route, you'll likely need a crank first. I still have a bit of rub but I only get it once in a blue moon on the inner liner. No biggy.

If you're a firefighter, you can justify a CB. I like the look, I use mine here and there.

are you talking about the pre runner bar?

chillman88

Reaction score
The 285s will look great. I was going to go that route but I got some 15" wheels from an 80-something so I went to 32s instead. Like has been said you may need a little crank but they'll look great. Nice ride! I wish mine was still that clean looking!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk