Advice For New Wheels For 97 Tahoe 4X4.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, those are the ones. And they appear to be in great condition.

OK, thanks. I guess I'll get them. $250 for the set.
I've always like the flares on these, my 4X4 Dually has them on the front. However it seems every half-ton I see with flares looks like the front wheels are too small! Like the wheels don't stick out far enough laterally unless it's a 3/4 or 1 ton. Yours look great though.

2drXmobb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
anyone with snowflake wheels here got the ass draggin and clapped out exhaust. No matter what year midel its on. Ive even seen snowflake on some oldschool yota 4runners. Looks like hammered dog chit, personally on our trucks the Nostalgia would be eagle 589s.

i have a set of 18s stock from like a 2014ish chevy. And 33x10.50s
Lmao

Jeepwalker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From the looks of it, the clear coat on your wheels would polish out real nice....and be shiny again. Assuming the wheel's clearcoat is in ok shape (not chipped or corroded off), a regular machine polisher would do (with careful use), if you have one. Or better yet, a hand buffer like THIS. Chicago pneumatic makes one similar which I like better, but if yer on a budget, the H/F one will essentially do the same job. And just use some autobody polishing compound like you would buffing a clearcoat. If you have some bug and tar remover laying around, you could just take a rag and test one wheel out ...just hand polish with B&T remover. If you like the look, go get a polisher and some compound. Like I say, as long as your wheel's clearcoat is ok they should look great when you're finished. Remember, you're *buffing* the clearcoat ...not trying to Remove the clearcoat. Think of it like buffing the clear on paint.

The rims on my Ram's AL wheels were looking kind of scuzzy when I bought it (used). There were a lot of light scratches and light scuffs, and the shine was diminishing. I polished them with a hand air polisher (CP unit like above), and a lot of hand polishing between the spokes. They came out really great. Like new actually. That was 4 years ago. Yeah it took some work but they still look like new. I've even had guys say how the wheels look real nice.

So that's an approach to keeping the wheels you have ...if that's of any interest to you.

Last edited: