Looking for Z71 Tahoe Wheel Pictures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Z71 saw blades look good when they’re really good condition, IMO. Otherwise, I’ve seen about a million of them. The Tahoe wheels look really good on your truck. I was skeptical at first because they aren’t my favorite OE wheel, but they look right at home. I think the tires play into the look as well.

A wheel/tire setup can really change the look of a truck!

JS45

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks! I think they look good as well. They almost look like the mini duramax star wheel which is funny to me for some reason. These wheels aren’t my favorite factory wheels either but I do like them and I like the fact that they are very few and far between as far as factory wheels go. the 16” tires limit the options factory options tho.

One of my personal favorite wheels was the 20” Denali wheels on the gmt900s.

I am just not a big fan of 20s on gmt400 even though I had 20s on my 98 Tahoe when I was in highschool almost 20 years ago. The only saving grace was that truck had 36” tires so it still had some sidewall.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
They do look good. I'm pretty sure those Tahoe Z71 wheels are forged aluminum, made by Alcoa for GM. That explains the light weight, and they're probably pretty strong.

As far as the one that took a lot of weight to balance, you may want to look closely at it while it's on the balance machine. If you don't see any obvious bends in the wheel itself, I would suspect the tire. The tire tech could break the bead and re-mount the tire in a different position, might help, might not - keep an eye on that tire as it may be going bad.

Richard

JS45

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
tires are a little over a year old with not many miles but i will definitely keep an eye on it.

I wasnt at the tire shop when they did them they said it would be a few hours even though i had an appointment so i went home. i usually tell people how i want things done but i figured they know what they are doing just let them do their job but if i did it over again i would have asked them to put the weights on the inside of the wheels, no weights on the inside i know they have to do both sometimes, they put new valve stems in 2 of the wheels, you should always put new valve stems in wheels when mounting tires on them ( and told them i wanted new valve stems), they used long valve stems which these wheels really need a short valve stem so they dont stick out too much.

they claimed they tried the tire in a different spot on the wheel but i do not believe that looking at all the crap work that went into a simple job.

lastly i would have asked for the tires to be flipped the opposite way on the wheels because the outside on the fronts wears more than the inside ( need to redo the front end and get aligned) cant be mad about that tough i didnt say anything. i need to find a mom and pop shop by me the corporate ones suck for the most part.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One of my personal favorite wheels was the 20” Denali wheels on the gmt900s.

They look awesome on gmt400s, saw a ccsb on marketplace with these wheels. It had a small lift and of course he had to use adapters so that pushed the wheels out some. Truck looked mean.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
The Z71 saw blades look good when they’re really good condition, IMO. Otherwise, I’ve seen about a million of them. The Tahoe wheels look really good on your truck. I was skeptical at first because they aren’t my favorite OE wheel, but they look right at home. I think the tires play into the look as well.

A wheel/tire setup can really change the look of a truck!

I personally prefer the saw blades too. Mine are in pretty good condition and I just bought new center caps, but I've considered buying a reconditioned set online to replace them. However, the beauty of this "hobby" is that WE get to decide what's best for our trucks. Life would be boring if everything was the same. The Tahoe wheels do look great on your truck @JS45 !

Last edited:

JS45

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm leery on the refirb stuff after I bought some refurbished steel wheels from one of those sites and one of them had a real bad wobble to it and another had a slight wobble. I'm sure most are fine I just had bad luck with the ones I bought.

but I see some sites have chrome saw blades I am very intrigued to see what that looks like on a truck.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
I think I've seen posts on here about autorimshop.com. Does anyone have experience with this online retailer? I'm not looking to purchase right now, but maybe in the near future.

JS45

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I've seen posts on here about autorimshop.com. Does anyone have experience with this online retailer? I'm not looking to purchase right now, but maybe in the near future.

That’s where my steel wheels came from. Didn’t have luck with them but the looked good. One was pretty wobbly and another a little wobbly but might have been a combo of the MT tires and just bad luck idk.
You must be registered for see images attach