Best way to mount shackles to from horns?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyDave

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love the look of the shackles but I still have my spoiler on my truck and it's also not lifted. Maybe my dad and I could fab up something to come off the frame and drop down so it won't hit the bumper if I take the spoiler off.

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why not cut holes just big enough to allow whatever shackle mount you make come through the air dam? Any bends you make in a recovery point will greatly reduce it failing. Also there is very little room between the front frame horns and the air dam. Cutting holes for them to protrude through your air dam would be your best bet.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Has anyone else done anything like this?? I completely straightened out my left tow hook last night. Its just sticking straight out the front of the air dam now. I'd rather go to something i won't bend next time.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I only have the factory ones on at the moment, but I use a front tow hitch and a shackle when I need front frame strength and a tow/recovery point.

Spreads the load across both frame horns and gives me a point to attach a portable winch.

No worries about yanking bolts through the frame either.

Been considering mounting permanent shackle on it.

Side bonus is it protects against dropping on rocks/etc.

98_k1500

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I gotta do something, because this is no longer functional.

SilveradoGuy85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another idea is to just put on a front mounted hitch which just bolt where the factory tow hooks bolt on so no additional drilling. I'm thinking about doing that. Then just add whatever receiver rather it's a shackle, hook, pintle or whatever. Sure you'll only have 1 point, but that 1 point to hook up is bolted to both frame rails so too me it's stronger than hooking up to one tow hook or shackle that's on just 1 frame rail.

Just my 2¢.

98_k1500

Reaction score
Another idea is to just put on a front mounted hitch which just bolt where the factory tow hooks bolt on so no additional drilling. I'm thinking about doing that. Then just add whatever receiver rather it's a shackle, hook, pintle or whatever. Sure you'll only have 1 point, but that 1 point to hook up is bolted to both frame rails so too me it's stronger than hooking up to one tow hook or shackle that's on just 1 frame rail.

Just my 2¢.

Im going to look into this when i pull my bumper off my 3/4 ton.