Best sounding muffler on Vortec?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
So what do you think is the best sounding muffler on the 5.7L Vortec engine? Not interested in TBI or other engine sizes....

I'm looking for something I can hear and sounds good but isn't obnoxious. I'm currently leaning towards getting a Magnaflow.

Let me know what you think!

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what do you think is the best sounding muffler on the 5.7L Vortec engine? Not interested in TBI or other engine sizes....

I'm looking for something I can hear and sounds good but isn't obnoxious. I'm currently leaning towards getting a Magnaflow.

Let me know what you think!

If you can tell what heads are on a SBC by the exhaust note you are a better man than I.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Straight pipes! I had dual Flowmaster super 40s but it just wasn't loud enough for me. It had a pretty good rumble though. Straight pipes in my opinion is the way to go

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Uh no... Yea maybe in high school, but in the real world rolling up to a professional workplace with straight pipes and you look like an idiot to most people....no offense (I would have done it 5-10 years ago)

I'm looking for quality of sound, not sheer noise

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
I am not in high school buddy. Just noticed you are in Chi Town so maybe it's a cultural thing but over here everybody and there mom including the owners of professional workplaces have stacks on there diesels and straight pipes on their gas trucks. Every tuck is as loud as you can possibly make it and it is perfectly acceptable! I actually like the way they sound too.