Best sounding muffler on Vortec?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I personally like the sound of a magnaflow muffler. I think some of the other mufflers sound too "tinny", so I lean towards the lower, deeper tone of a magnaflow. Maybe something like a 14" DI/SO would do the trick.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
I personally like the sound of a magnaflow muffler. I think some of the other mufflers sound too "tinny", so I lean towards the lower, deeper tone of a magnaflow. Maybe something like a 14" DI/SO would do the trick.

Thanks for the advice, that's what I'm looking for. The sound of straight pipes gets tiring after a while.

19Yukon97

Reaction score
I have a Flowmaster 50 delta flow on my 2 door yukon. Headers, 3 inch pipe, muffler, then 3.5 inch tailpipe.

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
I also have a Flowmaster 50 but mine is a 2.25" dual in/dual out with tails exiting behind the rear tires. It also has 22" long 3" diameter stainless tips.
I'll have to make a video of mine but it sounds like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GMTNG2lEyQ

This was this video that made me decide on the dual in/dual out Flowmaster 50.

Last edited:

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have true dual magnaflow glasspacks. Pretty nice rumble and once broken in their killer. At speed you cant even hear em, but when you get on it their pretty d*mn loud.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Ive got 5.7 vortec, true dual 2 1/4's back to two 2 1/2 flowmaster 10s, dumped NO TURNDOWNS, just open mufflers before rear axle.

Pipes were expanded before mufflers to fit the diameter, not 1/4 inch of weld on a 2.25 lol.

Mine sounds so throaty at idle and WOT, ill make a video one day.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put a Thrush chambered on mine when I bought it and it rusted out after only 3 years. So I put a Stainless Magnaflow XL on it and like it better. Not quite as obnoxious and definitely less drone.