Best route to 5" rear drop

How to get to 5"

• Use flip kit and air up bags to raise the rear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get a hanger/shackle kit and modify to get extra 1" drop

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Get a hanger/shackle kit and remove overload spring and air bags to provide the extra support

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JWP80

Reaction score
I have a 95 ECSB that I'm getting ready to drop. I have some parts left over from a past build but those parts are for a 4/6 drop (springs/spindles - flip kit/shock extenders). I also have a pair of 2600 lb bags that I'll be using as overloads as I some times haul a trailer and very frequently am hauling parts in the bed.

My target is 4/5 drop, mainly because I want more rake than what a 4/6 drop offers. Actually my last truck had a 3/4 and eventually a 5/6.

My question is what your opinions on how to get to 5" drop

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have done this a few times, when wanting a 5 rear drop, I use a rear flip kit with a 1 inch lift DJM shackle. works perfect. Also if you ever want to lower it more, you can always go back to the stock shackles or even drop shackles for more drop.

JWP80

Reaction score
I had thought of that as well, my only concern is the reduced suspension travel from the shorter shackle. Maybe I'm worried for nothing.