Wheel help for Belltech 5/7 drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WICKD98

Reaction score
Looking for some different wheels for my 98. It’s got 22” US Mag Bullets on it now. 22x11 out back and what looks to be 22x10 or 22x9 up front. Not entirely sure of the offset of these wheels, but even with stretched tires, they ride wicked close to the fenders at all times. Fenders have been rolled, but would still like a little more clearance for peace of mind.

Truck is on a 5/7 Belltech drop right now and I’d like to keep it that way for simplicity sake.

Would appreciate to see some examples of 5/7 drops on 20” or 22” wheels that WILL tuck into front and rear fenders with no tubs or narrowing of rear end.

I’d also appreciate if you could leave wheel and tire specs when dropping your examples. EXTRA POINTS IF THEYRE WELD VENTURAS.
You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Right off the bat you're too wide for that drop, but you already knew that. Typical widths on a dropped gmt400 would be 8-8.5" up front with 5-5.5" backspacing, 10" out back with 6" backspacing. You can run normal fitment tires on those sizes no need to go stretched.

Richard

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can run ihc drop control arms the front. They are narrower than factory arms. And since you have belltech spindles they are pushing your front wheels outward also causing issues.

WICKD98

Reaction score
Right off the bat you're too wide for that drop, but you already knew that. Typical widths on a dropped gmt400 would be 8-8.5" up front with 5-5.5" backspacing, 10" out back with 6" backspacing. You can run normal fitment tires on those sizes no need to go stretched.

Richard
This is exactly the information I was looking for. I appreciate it.