Best Mods you can think of i need suggestions 1993 gmc TBI 350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
I heard Vortec heads is one of the best mods you an do to an sbc. That's what i plan on doing when time permits. Then get a vortec to carb intake, and you can buy a varb to TBI adapter plate online for like $40.

SouthBoston

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The thing with the vortec mod is you're also putting in a better intake along with heads, so with tbi mods, a cam, vortec heads, intake and higher fuel pressure you could get 300

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Money spent where it counts (under the hood) over money spent making it look cool. In my opinion.

Chevy-Art

LS1 Truck Club Member
Reaction score
Vortec heads are a good upgrade, but you have to get the TBI to Vortec intake manifold made by GM Performance. Either that, or get a Vortec intake for a carburetor, and get a tbi adapter plate.
How many guys here have done this? And where can you get a tbi adapter plate?

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
VORTEC POWER!

"250 horsepower?!?! Oooohhh, aaahhh, amazing!" :rofl:

Anyways, to the OP, as said above Vortec heads and a set of long-tube headers would be interesting. I think if I was really serious about powering up I would look into a carb setup. I don't have any experience with that mod but I would seriously consider it. There are lots of other people on this forum who could help you.
TBI engines are great stock but are very limited by the fuel injection system. Nothing wrong with it, it just becomes the limiting factor pretty quickly when you start modding.

My 2 cents.