96' GMC K1500 SLE - A Prince Edward Island Special

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm new here. Just bought my own GMT400 style truck in August. I've grown up driving them (started real young, t-boned a van in my dads 93 K1500 at 3 years old) and playing with them, so now I've finally got my own. The truck is relatively young, only 137XXX KM on the clock, but the eastern winters have taken their toll on 'er. She needs new fenders, inner liners and box sides. Rockers, cab corners and cab mounts are all good, but I will redo them all when I get the fenders and such done next summer. My baby's got the 1st gen 5.7 Vortec and a stock 4l60E. Two tone, black - tan - black, two door (no suicide doors for me) extended cab with the short box. Unfortunately I can't take pictures right this second, but I'll get pictures up soon.

My plans for the truck is a complete restore/custom build. I'm currently in college to become a mechanic, so over the next 3 years I hope to have the truck completely redone to be my dream toy. I should have the money to buy a brand new Silverado by 2018, so this baby will become my show truck after that. So far my plan for mods is:

Winter 2015;
- New halo headlights, matte black, smoked lens
- New LED fog lights, matte black, smoked lens
- New LED corner lights, matte black, smoked lens
- New LED tail lights, matte black, smoked lens
- New LED cargo light, matte black, smoked lens
- New All Terrain TA KO2s, 265/70R16s
- Refinish rims, matte black, stock star pattern

Summer 2016;
- New fenders, inner linings, box sides
- New rocker panels, cab corners, cab mounts
- New front bumper, roll pan
- Custom paint job, metallic charcoal/dark grey
- Matte black pinstriping
- Matte black badging
- New windshield
- Double limo window tint, sides and rear
- New exhaust system

Winter 2016;
- New cab floor
- New interior, matte black
- Leather upholstery, black w/ grey stitching
- New speakers, subwoofer, amp
- New LED interior lighting
- New custom LED cluster

Summer 2017;
- Engine rebuild, 40 over conversion, 357ci
- 90mm turbo kit, tune, etc
- Transmission rebuild, built 4L60E
- New 14 bolt rear end
- Frame restoration/repair
- Frame off sandblast and paint, matte black

That's about it, so far. It's a lot to look at and think about, but I'm pinching the dollars and budgeting accordingly. Luckily I have no student debt (no debt at all, actually), and can afford to dump all my disposable income into my truck. I hope to be that OP who actually delivers on what he wants to do. If people have any suggestions or have done similar mods and can link me to parts, that'd be greatly appreciated. I'm having a hard time finding most of the front lights that I want, for example, and any help would be awesome.

Here are some pictures of the truck now, before I've done any mods:

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks guys,
Nathan

Edit; Most recent pic. Can see a lot of changes already.

Last edited:

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
Did an alignment today. God damn GM and their cheap ass ways, no slot in the control arm bracket to adjust camber/caster angles. Had to spend an hour with an air hammer and an oxi-acetelyne torch to cut brackets in. Toe was perfect already, but now I've got 'er all lined up. Time for a new set of tires, since my old fronts have 4/32nds difference from side to side of the tread.

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
That truck is super clean for being from the east coast!! Love the paint job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Got new tires today, mounting them sometime this week if I have time. I ed my paint going in to rescue a friend from a mud pit. He flipped his truck and the only path in was through trees that were too tight. I regret agreeing to get him out now.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
I did the same thing with my mint condition black Sierra I used to have. It made me sick to my stomach. What kind of tires are you going with?