96' GMC K1500 SLE - A Prince Edward Island Special

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
They're great tires. I've had my KO's since 2008 and They still have good tread. Getting weather checked so it will be time to replace them soon.

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
Today I put a CB radio into the truck. It's not really hardwired in yet, so I can easilly remove it at a later time. Took the bedrails off, mostly because my ***** from pushed one of the mounted blocks down into the support and I can't get it back in place without bending the metal.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Today I put a CB radio into the truck. It's not really hardwired in yet, so I can easilly remove it at a later time. Took the bedrails off, mostly because my ***** from pushed one of the mounted blocks down into the support and I can't get it back in place without bending the metal.

"*****" :lol:

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
what cb? what antenna set up do you have?

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
what cb? what antenna set up do you have?

Cobra 18 WX ST II. I've got a 4 foot whip mounted to the box behind the driver's side of the cab. I'll post a picture up in a bit. Don't know what brand the whip is, I got it and the CB for free. Using it for communications between vehicles when we're out wheeling.

Also, I meant to say my ***** of a friend pushed it in.

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
So I went to my 'local' scrap yard to pick up a front bumper support/rebar for my buddies Altima. While I was there I spotted a GMT400 Suburban hanging out in behind a row of cars. Checked the door and found a power mirror switch. Mine was missing the knob to adjust from left and right mirror, which also meant the whole switch cover could fall off. The new one has all that jazz, but the lights in it are missing and the right button doesn't work, so I have to go back to the scrap yard later to grab a different switch out of an old 4WD passenger van. Besides that I also found a pair of mint tailgate straps (metal ones, obviously) hidden on one of the GMT400s. I'll pick them up when I'm back. All in all, they gave me the mirror switch for free because I went out in their yard and found an Altima to take the rebar off, and are charging me $10 for the pair of tailgate straps.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
So washed the whole truck and scrubbed the out of the white walls on my tires to get them shiny white. I appear to have blown out an O2 sensor again and had to rebalance my tires today. Also happened to find 2 pinhole leaks in the welds of my exhaust, so I'll be getting those fixed asap. Think I may spend some time debadging here soon.

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
Been a while since I've updated this - 2 of my chrome fender trim pieces fell off a couple days ago. Pulled the other 2 and saw all the rust hiding under them. My fenders and box sides look pretty damn terrible in some spots now. Kind of convinced myself to pull the impact strips and badges from the side while I was at it. Just pulled on them gently and they rolled right off. Still need to remove the double sided tape with a rubber wheel (don't care about the paint, will be redone shortly). Underneath the driver side impact strip I found what appears to be a cut / bad weld across the bottom of the cab. Looks like someone put a patch panel in wrong.

Anyways, I'm doing the 4HI headlight mod tomorrow and hopefully throwing some Silverstars at it. Not going to go for HIDs until I get new lights. I've lucked out in a few spots, so more of my intended mods should be coming along soon - going to be getting paid for 180 hours during March and will also get $1000 in cash when I pass the 1st block of my red seal in April. Haven't taken any pictures recently but I will tomorrow after the 4HI mod is done.

Tet97Chev

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been a while since I've updated this - 2 of my chrome fender trim pieces fell off a couple days ago. Pulled the other 2 and saw all the rust hiding under them. My fenders and box sides look pretty damn terrible in some spots now. Kind of convinced myself to pull the impact strips and badges from the side while I was at it. Just pulled on them gently and they rolled right off. Still need to remove the double sided tape with a rubber wheel (don't care about the paint, will be redone shortly). Underneath the driver side impact strip I found what appears to be a cut / bad weld across the bottom of the cab. Looks like someone put a patch panel in wrong.

Anyways, I'm doing the 4HI headlight mod tomorrow and hopefully throwing some Silverstars at it. Not going to go for HIDs until I get new lights. I've lucked out in a few spots, so more of my intended mods should be coming along soon - going to be getting paid for 180 hours during March and will also get $1000 in cash when I pass the 1st block of my red seal in April. Haven't taken any pictures recently but I will tomorrow after the 4HI mod is done.

I want to take the chrome trim off mine too but im afraid of finding rust... Always great to see another Canuck on here!

Nathaniel2g

Rusty Islander
Reaction score
So a picture of her as she sits right now. The driver side "3rd door" panel (don't actually have a 3rd door) is with the double sided tape remove, the rest is still on.

And this is a stylish picture of her right after a wash with the 4HI mod done.